Nesting or barmy???

Little Bump

Reaction score
I got up at 5am yesterday morning with the overwhelming urge to do laundry.....

Only I couldn't just stop at the dirty clothes, I've been through the drawers washing, drying and ironing everything, then cleaning the drawers befoe putting everything away. By early evening I'd finished the clothes and started on the towels, tea towels and table cloths.... :?

Sooooooooo the house is a tip but I have plenty of clean clothes lol

Is this nesting? I thought that nesting involved tidying the entire house??

Or should I just be committed? :rotfl:

I vote barmy! :rotfl: :rotfl:

only kidding. :D

I haven't had the energy for any sort of nesting at all.

I'm still waiting for nesting to kick in!! Luckily my DH has had it since I was about 12 weeks and he's slowly working his way around the house doing the decorating. He's finally made it to the last room....... the nursery :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Nesting & barmy go hand in hand!! :lol:

It's definitely nesting!! I've been nesting for a good couple of months now and it's become obsessive!! I'll scrub tiles and stuff nearly daily. My house smells like the cleaning product aisle in Asda! xx

At least I'm not the only barmy one then :rotfl:

I just wish I could summon up the enthusiasm to get on with something useful though, I have a thing about washing up too...I don't trust the dishwasher at the minute...no idea why, the temperatures it washes at etc, but I also don't trust tea towels. What I do is wash up, inse with antibacterial wash then place in the dishwasher to be dried with the heat cycle :think: sat here typing I can see ho illogical it is but there goes....

I also clean the bathroom sink a lot, and the kitchen sink, but that's as far as it goes....once I get going I really get into it and even enjoy it, but it's getting started, not like the laundy, washing up etc, that's like a compelling need....

One more cup of tea and I'll make a start on something consructive....

Maybe :lol:

you can come start on mine now, as it seems to be mounting up

seems your nesting, can you pass me some nesting vibes, i really need to make a start, lol.

I wish I could do as much but when I get my butt REALLY aches :(

I'll tidy and see a bit of dust and be sad :(

I think its just our natural way of trying to get everything ready :)

I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to nesting. 2 days before I had my third baby I was scrubbing the floors obsessively! Even though the rest of the house was a tip, the floors were gleaming! Laundry sounds like a useful thing to do!!

:shakehead: Will one of you girls PLEASE make your way to my house,
I have a mountain of ironing and pray someday soon I will want to tackle it!!
(DH is likely to have me sectioned if I do though :lol: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back