Nesting is kinda fun!!

flexilexi394

Reaction score
I am a very out doors person - my horses have cleaner stables than my room usually lol, but today I have gone mad with the nesting thing! Chucked a load more stuff, hoovered EVERYWHERE even though I did that on Friday, even behind tv, put my coffee table together on my own, Moses basket stand on my own, sorted my pushchair so it's literally ready to go :) car seat in the car on it's base, washed my leather sofas, moved a load of stuff around, put up my baby swing (bloody love it) and here I am relaxing in the bath :D

I like feeling like I have to be clean and tidy :) I've never kept a very clean house before but now is a whole different story :)

Next, downstairs bathroom needs a bit of a dust lol so gonna do that!

I can't believe how true it is with nesting, like how much you have the urge to do something and you actually do it best you can! It's so wierd! But awesome.

Anyone else been on a cleaning frenzy? X

not yet but funnily enough i think my hubby is nesting!!. we have lived in our house for nearly 2 years. is a very old cottage which we said we would 'upgrade' as andwhen we could afford it. our kitchen is being done as i type. had electrician in all weekend and have no flooring etc. i want to get cleaning but cant as house currently upside down!! when he drops the kids (step kids) off later ill get stuck in woop woop!!. but goood on you flexi xx

oh yea i am already! im constantsly wanting to clean and organise things. The amount of times i have sorted through the baby bits to organise it! Even started packing up bits the other day, for the move which hasnt actually been sorted yet..... I have the biggest urge to sort everything out so its ready to go but i know there isnt really any point as i wont be where i am now when he comes....

Driving my OH mad..... although i did come home to him cleaning.....very very unusual! Think he is catching the nesting bug! :D
xx

I have yeah, all last week I was cleaning the house right through, and like you say, the strangest thing is actually enjoying doing it! Normally I'm sighing, huffing and puffing! Instead I've been blasting music, singing away while cleaning through! lol

Lol yeah can't forget the music!! I love it! Lol. Gonna do a bit more cleaning and then go round in laws for a roast :) the best Sunday ever! Lol x

I just repacked my hospital bag AGAIN n made my bed (not allowed to do anything else lol)

Mikid and you flexi are the next ones due :) won't be long now!!

I keep thinking of things to add to my bag - today it was hair bands! I just know when i'm sweating and in pain my hair will pee me right off!

I keep thinking of things to add to my bag - today it was hair bands! I just know when i'm sweating and in pain my hair will pee me right off!

I hear that. I put two scrunchies n a head scarf in. The last thing u need is hair flowing around like it's L'oreal advert lol

I'd get peed off too.

lol i practically live in a head scarf anyway (have wierd hair issues, so im practically bald) and will def be labouring in them! i live in hats too :)
well spotted pink punch by the way, i cant believe i am one of the next due! awesome but scary! x

I have never had that nesting instinct, i so would like it i hope i get it with this one, oh to have a spotless house, but mine never lasts when i tidy little ones wrecking it behind me as i go along hehe

I keep looking at everything that needs to be done/cleaned. So fr I have reorganised and chucked things out of the spare room. Washed and ironed babe clothes and have gone to pound stretcher and bought a load of cleaning products ready for this week. I have been hoping that babe doesn't try and make an appearance this weekend as I have all my cleaning planned out for the week and idont want to bring baby home until te house is spotless!! Lol

now I keep lookin at he carpets and thinking that they need a shampoo... Found myself looking online for a rent a carpet cleaner!

Anyone else find that they want there other halves out the house so they can go claening crazy? Or feel the urge to shift the sofas round to new positions?

My nesting seems to be a bit random, it sort of kicks in and goes away at the weirdest times!!
Leaves me feeling quite sore and drained though, so I've gotta be careful not to go bonkers!

Today's been a bit of a quiet one - did some washing up, and I've sorted out the babies hospital bag finally, and made a start on mine. Woo! :yay:
I've got a list that's a mile long though.....

Yes I am the same shootingstar! I always do it when I'm on my own, and end up crippled afterwards because I've moved things and putthings together, when I should probably wait for help but I can't help myself lol! X

Yes I am the same shootingstar! I always do it when I'm on my own, and end up crippled afterwards because I've moved things and putthings together, when I should probably wait for help but I can't help myself lol! X

It's like you Have to do it in secret cos you will only gt nagged at or something! Lol cos hubby has been home I haven't been able to so everything I wanted to... I wanna hit everything in my own time without someone standing over me. To be fair last time I was left alone I cleaned out hubsters study, reorganised and dusted it- my excuse was that the baby couldn't be in a dusty room! Ahaha

Roll on Tuesday when he is back at work and I can turn the music up and get scrubbing!!! Woop woop X

ah joy its that time of night again for the past 2 - 3 nights been up at 3ish having to clean up its the oddest thing ever not felt the need at all through the rest of my pregnancy

I have been getting increasingly cross with my hubby this weekend. I worked so hard last week "nesting" and the house was absolutely spotless. Yet, as the weekend went on it's reverted back to being messy.

It's just silly things like orange peel just left on the arm of the sofa, half drunk beer bottles left on the computer table and pots he has supposedly "washed" yet are still dirty when I look as i'm putting them away.

In a way, it does give me something to 'do' while otherwise i'd just be relaxing - but as i'm sat here this morning looking around - I'm seething! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back