anyone else suffering with low blood pressure...advise

cherylcusack

Reaction score
Hello

ive been feelin very very dizzy for about a week now, with the dizzyness i get blurred vision and feel very shakey, today it hit its worse though, i rang the midwife that said i have to drink plent of fluids, the thing is im haveing problems keeping drinks down.

if anyone has any advise or suffers from low blood pressure, please leave me some advise, im willing to try anything, as getting worried that they will put a drip into me :-(

I had it in my 1st pregnancy. Just dont ever stand for long periods of time, when you get out of bed, do it REALLY slowly, never rush to standing up. Same when you are sitting.

My MW said to me, never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down.

did it make you feel really dizzy and sick, more so in the morning? oooo the thought of being able to lay down :)

Hi I suffer with low bp generally and it is agrivated further in the first 12 weeks. Haven't really got that much more advice to give except just dont push yourself too hard. When you lie on the couch to watch tv or rest raise your legs. Get up slowly. If your having trouble drinking because of sickness I find having drinks at room temperature generally easier to have and keep down. :)

I fainted at a bus stop once, it was scary! YOu really just have to take htings really really easy

i know last time i was pregnant i nearly fainted at tesco checkout, had to laugh they got me a chair and made me pay first before they took me into the office for first aid :lol: this is baby number four and ive never suffered like this with the other three, ive always had low bp but dont remember being dizzy and blurred vision

they say its dehydration i really dont drink much, and have been naughty and drank fizzy which dont help, they want me to drink lots for a few days and see what its like, but cant drink anything :(

Are you able to suck on fruit ice lollies? that helped me a little, when i couldnt face drinking

my last mw appointment my BP was 80/40... which is just silly low...

Here's a picture because no one ever believes me when I say how low it is... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: It's tension arterial which is BP in Spanish...

Forget the peso bit... it means nothing.. the readings are false... do not babelfish the word peso in Spanish :rotfl: :rotfl: and the first one says 68kg not 66...my mw has the handwriting of an spasticated spider with inky legs.

100_1434.jpg

I mainly feel very tired all the time,... and doing anything physical makes me feel very light headed. My mw says it through not eating frequently... I'm supposed to have five meals a day, but it's not always possible and I am not always hungry. Also I don't drink much either and really should as it's so hot here... But I just don't feel thirsty..

Don't stand for too long either... the blood pools in your feet and you get really light headed and faint because you don't have enough pressure to get that blood right back up to your brain... That's my biggest problem...Oh and stooping to pick something up off the floor (I have an 8 year old....the floor is just another cupboard :rotfl: )...

Unfortunately there's not much you can do... Misjennipenni has a really good point with the fruit ice lollies though... Unless you live in a house with my DH who eats them all before you do... But at the end of the day, I would much prefer to have low bp than high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back