Anyone else had this kind of bump?

Bexybun

Reaction score
Just a silly little thread, I'm not worried or anything but I was just wondering if anybody else was a bit, well, disappointed with the shape of their bump? I am very overweight, and when I got pregnant had a bit of a tummy over-hang. It's meant that as I've grown, my bump is hard, sticky-outy and pointy at the top but squidgy and still over-hanging like fat at the bottom, making for a very uneven bump, lol. Does anyone have experience of this squidgy fat bit plumping out, or does it stay like that til the end?

Oh, and it's really prominent when I'm standing, but when I sit down my bump all but disappears. I'm sure that didn't happen first time round- is that normal for overweight mums-to-be?

Hey hun- although I am not a small person (and never was!) and feel like a beached whale at present I don't have the over-hang you describe. My bump is low tho and am carrying all at the front. Sometimes I think that people think I'm just fat, but guess it depends what I'm wearing!

My friend, who had her LO earlier this year has been overweight for a long time and when she was pregnant she told me that her 'over-hang' was still there underneath bump. I don't think it dissappeared for her, even at the end. She was lucky that her LO was like a parasite and she didn't actually put on any extra weight in pregnancy- she was back in her jeans a week after giving birth and is now lighter than she ever was (and only breastfed for 6 weeks, so can't put it all down to that!).LO is now 4 months old and to me, she looks fab.

From you pic you don't look 'very overwight' as you describe, and your bump looks lovely to me!
It's hard to deal with our body changes tho isn't it?! I have to keep reminding myself that I might not look like much afterwards but we will have our LO and that's what it's all about!
Try not to be too disappointed hun, there is still plenty of growing time and your bump may end up just how you want it! xx

I have that bit hun...I never really got my tummy back in shape after my first baby :( and therefore have the mummy bit at the bottom...

Guess theres nothing we can do about it at the moment...Im just gonna make sure I work damn hard to get rid when he's here lol xx

Hey, I wasn't very big before I got pregnant, I was a size 10 - a 12 at my biggest, but my bump is really weird! It's really low, and not round. It sounds strange but it's almost square shape! My stomach comes out really far but my bump is flat!

I think it's quite common to be disappointed with what your bump looks like... I get so jealous when I see these women walking around with perfectly round cute bumps! xx

You look lovely from your picture! I quite like my bump just now although it does go into some really odd shapes when baby moves about! My belly button looks funny now, it is a proper 'button' now and I'm gutted my belly bar had to come out recently!

My belly button looks funny now, it is a proper 'button' now

That was the one thing I was absolutely dreading! I have a thing about bellybuttons, they make me go all yucky, I hate people touching mine. I think my body must know this, because my bellybutton hasn't popped out! It's just gone a bit flat...

xx

My belly button looks funny now, it is a proper 'button' now

That was the one thing I was absolutely dreading! I have a thing about bellybuttons, they make me go all yucky, I hate people touching mine. I think my body must know this, because my bellybutton hasn't popped out! It's just gone a bit flat...

xx

It does feel strange if I touch it lol!

me im a little disappointed with my bump x im hardly showing but mine seems long rather than round looks like i ate all the pies rather than being pregnant lol xx im hoping i pop out soon x x

me im a little disappointed with my bump x im hardly showing but mine seems long rather than round looks like i ate all the pies rather than being pregnant lol xx im hoping i pop out soon x x

My bumps only really got noticeable the last few weeks. Are you tall? Lots of taller ladies have longer less pronouced bumps as there is more room.

Thanks girls, your replies have really helped me, seeing other people feel the same way I do. I am very tall, so all my extra weight was on my bum, hips and tum anyway, it's just difficult dealing with the extra changes in your body. I suppose I really should just relax and enjoy the last few months- then work like a demon to get in shape after, lol! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back