Anyone else had this? Its driving me nuts!

Holly7654

Reaction score
Since I've been pregnant I've become really insecure and anxious and not even about how i look! I find im constantly having nightmares which are mostly of my partner being unfaithful Or falling out of love with me and though it sounds very childish its really getting to me! Sorry about the little rant just would like to know of anyone else has any problems like this since being pregnant? X

I hear you, girl!!! My hormones is honestly almost costing me my marriage at this point.. I have been suffering from depression and anxiety before getting pregnant and it has gotten a lot worse ... I hope and pray that it's just normal hormones.

I third this... and it's nother even been about him being unfaithful, it's always been 'what if I have done something to make him leave?' I of course haven't, but it's a hell of an emotional roller coaster. I was on anxiety tablets when I fell pregnant so I haven't exactly started off great! Have had depression before too, so I know how you are feeling. It's hell to say the least. I just try not to get to worked up over it, I rub my tummy and think that in just a few weeks I will be meeting the most exciting blind date of my life and it keeps me from thinking bad thoughts!

I've started with this ... constant thoughts of should I be going to the gym what if he's talking to someone else. ..it's making me really anxious and mad at him for no reason x

I guess its just something that happens during hormone changes and all that but i really hate it! He's so good to me and yet i find myself questioning him and never wanting him to go to work or be away from me for two long aand i don't say anything because it wouldn't be fair on him if i just turn into a controlling psycho! Xx

Totally hormone fueled. I'm exactly the same. My paranoia started really early on. I became hyper aware of germs and other 'dangers'. Note whenever I'm driving I feel like I'm just waiting for some horrible accident to happen. Then I dream about falling out being attacked. My midwife says it's a totally normal response. My hormones are getting me geared up to look after and protect baby, but until I can actually physically take care of it my mind isn't sure how to handle the hormones. This is the result.

I'm glad someone else posted this though. It's nice to know others are having similar experiences, especially as it's my first xx

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

I've been struggling with this as i've hit the second trimester.. I'm naturally very insecure and anxious but have found ways to cope and manage it, however i've been struggling to control my thoughts this past week.. It's horrible and you don't even feel like yourself.. always reassuring to know you're not alone in it though. My poor partner is at breaking point, we're on holiday and i've still managed to cause rows! Probably all the bikini-clad non-pregnant women making me feel like poop.. Hey ho, yet another of the joys of womanhood :( Oh, and the plane crash nightmares are off the scale, we fly back Saturday and i'm already feeling sick with nerves! xx

Hormones! But on a serious note, if you really feel low for a prolonged time (2 weeks or so) or have any thoughts of self-harm then definitely speak with your midwife and/or GP as they can refer you to speak with someone about antenatal depression and give extra support. Many midwife teams have a designated mental health midwife. xx

Last edited:
I've been having horrible dreams/nightmares ! First one I was wearing a dress (not the actual wedding dress I plan to have strangely ) and my mum was ripping me to shreds telling me how ridiculous I looked and that I was no daughter of hers ! I was very upset because in the dream it was my wedding day and nobody was defending me they just let her have at it !

Last nights nightmare very upsetting, there was a crocodile in a pond in my garden (my real garden looks nothing like the dream garden) and I was petrified about my two cats getting out before pest control could take the crocodile away.It somehow got in my house and then I was petrified even more so that it was going to eat my cats.

Who needs recreational drugs when you have hormones ?! Hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back