Anyone else had a scan at 36 weeks? What happens?

Sunnyb

Reaction score
I have a scan at 11.45am today & I'm not sure why? I didn't have one with my last pregnancy & I think my scan may be because my son was 9lb 7oz. Will they just check the size of bubs or are there other things involved?? I'm a bit confused, but happy to get another sneaky peak at bubs before they arrive :)

Sunnyb xxx

Hey hun

I had one at 34 weeks - which was just a growth scan to check everything was ok and size etc - it was lovely....got to see our little one again and she really did do another detailed scan!

Let us know how you get on xx

Yes I did cos mine is big. They just took measurements and then cos she's still big they made an appointment with the consultant for me and I was booked in for my section...but mine is breech so that's why. You can't really see much of baby now cos they're so big but it's always good to see a strong little heart! Enjoy it and let us know how you get on.

xx

yeah what the others have said my pictures from 34 week 1 is just of her head they couldnt fit anything else on lol

Thanks girls. This scan was booked in ages ago, but at my last midwife's appointment she said the baby might be breech. So I guess we'll see which way up they are too!! Hoping they are the right way up & looking like they'll be smaller than Joseph was. I'll update you later. Also need my iron levels re-checking due to quite severe anaemia, so hoping they've improved too (fingers crossed.)

Sunnyb xxx

Enjoy and let us know how you get on Hun xx

I have a 36 week scan on Monday hun, its to check Babygirls growth :)
Let us know how u go x

I think the question has been answered pretty good!

It wouldn't be anything to worry about, and they just do what they did at previous scans with measurements etc.

Having had a late scan this time round, I recommend making sure you have eaten and you have water with you, because being on my back and such, I got very dizzy and threw up!

I had one at 35 weeks, just to check growth. It was fine, but if your Team Yellow remind them so u don't accidentally see any 'bits!' Enjoy!

Well I had my scan & it was great. Got a really clear picture of their face & good strong heartbeat. No bits looked at as I told the sonographer we didn't know the sex of the baby, so she stayed well away from the bottom end! My mum came with me & loved seeing bubs wriggling around. Good news is that bubs is not breech & that from measurements taken, this one should be smaller than Joseph (if they arrive on time!)
Just waiting for blood results now & have a referral booked for Wednesday to a different hospital. I should be going to one hospital, but due to the complications I had last time, I have been referred to same NHS district my son was born in, as they will have all my previous records to refer to.
Busy week & I'm knackered already :lol:

Sunnyb xxx

Glad everything went well hun :) But you can't wait to meet them! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111