anyone else going to antenatal without OH?

meggymum

Reaction score
Hi

I went to my first antenatal class last wednesday. it was really good, got lots of useful info about whats going to happen to me and how OH can help, only trouble was OH wasnt there. My friend came with me instead as I didnt want to go on my own, but looking round the room everyone else had their partner with them and i felt really out of place. I know he had to work, but I told him about this ages ago and i have another one next week. somehow i have a feeling he will be working again and the subject is 'life with baby', which is again really important and valuable for him too. i know he is excited about having LO (its our first), but i just feel like i am a little on my own at the moment when it comes to the organisation.

Anyone else having the same?

meggymum

My hubby works off shore so away a lot. Must admit I'm not going to classes since it's my second but everything else that needs organising seems up to me! Bit like wedding planning really, men just seem to go with whatever we want to do!

Hey,

Like Sarah, my OH works offshore as well, he's been gone for 6 weeks now and won't be back for another week or so... So I've been doing most things on my own. My antenatal classes were full, because I was 27 weeks when I moved down here so couldn't book them, but I know what you mean.

On sunday evening I had a waterbirth workshop at the local birthing centre. I didn't want to go on my own, so after much persuasion, my mum came with me. I was the only person there without their OH, and I was really embarrassed! What made it worse was when the MW running the workshop was talking about massages and everything for the woman during labour, she said things like "that's for you to do dads!" Then she'd catch herself, look at me and say "or other birthing partners" it was so embarrassing! Didn't help that I'm only 21 so I was really young compared to everyone else!

Sorry I can't really help, but I know what you're going through! Maybe you could speak to your OH and say you really want him there because you felt out of place, and you think it's something really important that both of you should go to together...
xx

Just remembered we have women only classes here as well so maybe that's an option in your area?

hmm no other options available for antenatal. guess i will just have to wait and see what happens on wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back