Anyone else getting bad leg cramps?

stumpyjoe

Reaction score
I'm getting them really bad during the night. Last night it hurt so much that I cried and then spent the entire morning unable to walk properly coz of the pain! I went to the doctors as it kept hurting all day and they have said that I've torn a muscle! Blooming cramps! Is anyone else suffering?

Up, nocturnal ones mostly for calf cramps- had one last night. Foot/toe cramps in day.

It's normal in pregnancy because of all the blood, could also be a sign of lack of sodium aka salt!.x

My friend mentioned the salt thing but the doctor has recommended that I lower my salt levels as I've got carpel tunnel syndrome! The doctor at the hospital said to take magnesium. I'll get some on Monday and see how I get on.

My friend mentioned the salt thing but the doctor has recommended that I lower my salt levels as I've got carpel tunnel syndrome! The doctor at the hospital said to take magnesium. I'll get some on Monday and see how I get on.

Doctor told you to take magnesium???!!! I thought that was a big no no in pregnancy.

shootingstar i thought it was a no no in pregnancy too, strange!!

I get cramp in my right calf quite often, very annoying indeed! x

yeah ive been getting in in my halves, annoying cos im on my feet all day at work too. I have very low blood pressure so i think that means my body is already low in salt?x

Hun have a glass of tonic water it has something in it quinine which rrally helps i hd same pain and that was only thing that preventwd them x i dont normally like the stuff but i like it more than cramp

Oh my I'm gonna look up the magnesium thing. I think I'd heard that too actually. Maybe I'll contact my midwife.

According to the babycentre website magnesium is really good for pregnant women, especially with calcium. So I'll defo be getting some tomorrow.

Thi k I was thinking of mercury!! That's the big no, no hence limiting tuna! Lol

Oh yes!!!!!!!

I just have to attempt to have a stretch in bed and I get them!!

I get them at times anyway and pretty bad, ended up in hosp twice with them over the last couple of years as they have cut off my circulation to my foot and it goes black within minitues lol but always ends up ok so Ijust try not to stretch too much lol!!

Oh what fun lol xx

I haven't got them so far and hope I don't! Used to get them during the night when I was a teenager. So painful I use to wake up screaming. Hope they pass for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back