anterior placenta

kirstyp991

Reaction score
I have been reading through the notes from my scan and noticed she has wrote down i have a anterior placenta, its on the front right hand side of my uterus, will there likely to be problems as i have to have a c-section? i know you cant tell me for definate just wondered if anyone else has had this and had a c-section and whats happened? xxx

Hello :)

I can't comment from experiance but I just wanted to say that I have this too, mine is about 1cm from the cervix opening and I have to go and be rescanned at 34 weeks to see if it has moved, if it hasn;t the sonographer said that I could have problems giving birth naturally so may possibly need a C Section so I am hoping it moves :)

I have the same & I'm just on my way to my 34 weeks appointment to see if it's moved. Fingers crossed! I'm not sure if an anterior placenta would effect a c section, good question. I will ask & let you know!

Anterior just means it's at the front hun.

Not a problem in itself, you'll have another scan if it is low lying though as this can cause problems (placenta praevia) though you will know if you have this because they will tell you. If you do have a low lying placenta it will be recommended you have a Caesarian section to minimise bleeding risk

Just re read your post there, you are having a section right?

In which case there might be a higher risk of bleeding if the placenta is covering the site where they need to make the cut. I'm sure the team of people looking after you will be well aware of this though so you shouldn't worry.

I have an anterior placenta too but apparently it often moves before birth. The only thing I'm worried about is that it can stop you feeling baby moving as much and that's just annoying as I'm impatient to feel something!!

Hi hun, mine is anterior and I can definately see and feel baby kicking the living h*ll out of me - so I wouldnt worry! ;) xxx

Hi, well I had my scan & placenta is still quite low :( They are now going to re scan me at 36 weeks & possibly do an internal scan too & then decide if I need a c section. I asked how the anterior placenta might effect the c section & midwife wasn't very sure but said they'd be prepared for it. Googled since getting home & it seems they sometimes cut through the placenta if it's in the way. Just wish I knew for sure now rather than having to wait another 2 weeks. They do usually move up tho so hopefully you'll be fine, I'm just weird!

Thanks for all the info girls. I do feel lots of movement from baby but its all to the left hand side really also iv been having like dull crampy pains in the right side of my tummy, could that just be the placenta? its isnt overly painful more annoying xxx

I think that's what she said on my 12 week scan, different to my first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back