Anyone due in July 08

hi everyone, my wife and i are due on July 23rd. Just before the school hols. It's our first , after 3 rounds of ivf. woohoo. just starting to let ourselves get excited, but I think that day will really come onthe first scan dec4th which will be a day short of 7 weeks. Can't remember when our 12 week date will be , but it is around Jan 9th and I never thought I would want to wish Christmas away, but there you are. great to read all your excited posts. love the positivity. good luck everyone. i never thought about the summer heat labour. I'll remember to pack some ice packs in a cool bag for the brow mopping bit if my wife allows me in the labour room. Blokes are inherently useless at the birth apparently and I am starting a quiet mission/list to be the most practical, which will probably require a rucksack the size of everest with 9 months to think about.

hello everyone
just done a home test yesterday and it was positive! very excited but really really scared and dreading telling my mum! i think i have worked it out that i am due in july, maybe around the 27th. gonna ring doc tomorrow to see what i have to do now as im a bit clueless!! xx

Im maybe getting this wrong but if your baby is 4 in July then they wouldt go to school till the next year anyway. The cut off point is January,
Thats how is works up here :D

Isn't the school cut off date August? I'm confused now!

:wave: I'm due 28th July by lmp. There are quite a few of us July mummies!

Hi,

The cut off point here for school is end of August, so if you had a baby born on 30 August it would be one of the youngest in it's year, but if it were to be born on 1 September it would be in the year below, and therefore be the eldest.

aircooled, congratulations on your wife's pregnancy and great to see a bloke on here, I wish my DP was as dedicated to it all as you! I think a lot of men feel very useless during the labour hours, sounds like you've got a good plan though. My partner was with me throughout both of mine, and I must say, although he couldn't do much more but give me chocolate and moral support, he was fantastic and I'm very glad he was there!

All the best

skimpy said:
fuffins1981 said:
At present, I am due 11th July.

My son was born 25th of July. They say they are a little behind those who are older in younger years, but catch up as they get older.

I do not think I worried about school or regulating his temperature when I was having him. I worried more about slogging through the heat in the summer, heavily pregnant lol.

It seemed very hot the day I gave birth!

Apparently im due 11th July too :cheer:

Yay! we will have to stay in touch and see how we both go. I think itwill be exciting to keep in touch with someone due the same time (even if it changes after our scans). PM me if you ever want to chat.
---------------------
In England the cut off point for school is august 31st. So, my son whose birthday is 25th July is one of the youngest. But, it desn't mean that much, and the teachers are very understanding of how different the children will be.

aircooled said:
hi everyone, my wife and i are due on July 23rd. Just before the school hols. It's our first , after 3 rounds of ivf. woohoo. just starting to let ourselves get excited, but I think that day will really come onthe first scan dec4th which will be a day short of 7 weeks. Can't remember when our 12 week date will be , but it is around Jan 9th and I never thought I would want to wish Christmas away, but there you are. great to read all your excited posts. love the positivity. good luck everyone. i never thought about the summer heat labour. I'll remember to pack some ice packs in a cool bag for the brow mopping bit if my wife allows me in the labour room. Blokes are inherently useless at the birth apparently and I am starting a quiet mission/list to be the most practical, which will probably require a rucksack the size of everest with 9 months to think about.

Good for you :clap: many men bury their heads in the sand :rotfl: but you are being proactive :clap:

Really pleased for you and your partner, and hoping the scan goes well.

Oooooh I was just checking in to see if anyone was due 7th July, which was my due date this year and also the day my baby was born! Seems sooooo weird now having a baby of nearly 5 months and here you all are at the beginning of pregnancy! Time really does fly! :D

Hi,

Well the date that I got from my ticker was 7th July, but have been to see the m/w today and she thinks it's the 4th!

Oh well, at least I may get my scan a bit earlier!!!

Hi

Doctor gives me 9th July I think more of 14th July have scan tomorrow so lets see!

Good luck to you all :D

mibiuk

I am due 31st july, have my 1st docs appointment on thursday. and then have to wait for mw/scan date

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back