Anyone doing the DS game downloading thing?

Urchin

Reaction score
I only recently found out you can buy like a blank game clip thing and download tons of DS games to put on it. :D
I'm getting mason one for Christmas :dance: just downloading games for it now.
Can anyone recommend any good ones?

no because its illegal ;)

and neither does OH so there is no pointasking him about it

I would recommend that you dont do it hun, i got one ages ago and it was fine at first but it made my DS crash after a while, they can mess your DS up for good so i don't use it anymore! Its like using third party peripherals on a Playstation it messes it up!!

i got one too a while ago hun and it fcked up the ds

hmmm I heard that if you overload the card it can freeze etc but does it mess up the ds for good or just freeze while playing the downloaded games etc?

Do you mean the R4 cards? My sis has had one for over a year and it's been fine :)

DebbieM said:
Do you mean the R4 cards? My sis has had one for over a year and it's been fine :)

yeah one of them :)

I never knew they existed LOL We are flying to SA on Jan first so I'm hoping to put some TV/ movies on one as well for Mason and Brody.

Phoebe has an R4 that my brother gave her for xmas last year and it's now fully loaded with about 50 games. She loves it and we haven't had any problems. I claim ignorance about the whole legal stuff cos it was given to us like that!

I know a few people who use them and they have never reported any problems at all.

Urchin said:
hmmm I heard that if you overload the card it can freeze etc but does it mess up the ds for good or just freeze while playing the downloaded games etc?

Well it just messes it up crashes it and freezes it when you have that clip in but it can damage it for good, i only had a 10 card so i dont think it was overloaded. My best mates one was completely broken and she had to buy a new one.
I used to work for PS2 when it first came out and if you use third party peripherals on that it does basically the same thing, it doesnt always its just a gamble i guess, i stopped using mine because it was freezing up more and more frequently and then started doing it on my normal games :-( its fine now though! I guess its just russian roulette..lol!

Both my OH and I have those cards and have alot of games on them. I admit though, sometimes a game won't load straight away, I have to keep turning my DS on and off because it freezes. But I'd rather that because we can't afford games anymore.

I'm playing Hotel Dusk at the moment, it's really good.

my hubby does the r4 cards and i have one they're fab, i just change the games on it when i like. He ssells them on ebay too. never had any probs with mine, the fake ones make the ds crash a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back