Anyone changed midwife??

1stBump12

Reaction score
I'm so cross! I won't bore you with the details, but if I ever ring my midwife and leave her a message to ask her something which is important to me, she NEVER rings back! If I ever get hold of her, she's very dismissive and makes me feel like I've bothered her.

The midwifes at the labour ward are fantastic and seem more than happy to help, which has got me thinking - how easy is it to change midwifes?

A friend of mine had the MW I'm currently stuck with and she was on the verge of reporting her to a governing body about her lack of interest - and someone I know who knows her socially seems to think that perhaps she has been doing it for too long now and has lost interest......

What would you guys do in a similar situation?

You should be able to change mw at any point hun, just contact your local GP/hospital (wherever the mw's are based) and request a change. It is such a special time you do not have to put up with this woman ruining what should be happy and exciting moments!
Good luck :)

If you want to then just ask. I had a different midwife at every appointment, except for one terrible one that I had a couple of times (who had to look up my questions on google!!). I was determined that if she was the one at the hospital that I would ask for someone else.

Sounds like I could have wrote this... My
Midwife isn't the best either. But at my surgery there only is 1 so changing midwifes would mean changing doctors, so I never bothered. Past 2appts it has been other midwifes as mine has been off. I phoned my midwife about something in January.... Still waiting for her to phone back! Ha... And she has never acknowledged I called... I think if I have any real worries I would probably just phone the maternity unit as they seem so much nicer up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back