Our Follow Up Appointment - Referal to IVF Clinic!

Gizzy Kelly

Reaction score
Hi Girls

Neil and I went back to Southend today for our follow up appointment after my Hycosy last week.

The Doctor went through in detail every single test we have had done incuding Neils sperm tests, my scans, my CD3 and CD21 bloods, my AMH level and my Hycosy. I also told her about the other things we have tried including accupuncture, refeloxology, nutritionist, hair analysis, hormone profiling, ovulation sticks and the like. I am not quite sure what she was thinking when I was explaining that but to cut a long story short we have now been diagnosed with unexplained infertility. I asked her about Clomid and she told me to steer clear of it as it is clear from all my tests I ovulate plus I get a strong line on my OPk's.

They have now agreed to refer us to an IVF clinic and we need to ring up tomorrow to see which clinics we can chose from from our PCT. Both Hubby and I need to get some more bloods tests done and then once they have them we tell Southend what clinic and the referal goes off. They have warned us that we need to carefully research each clinic and decide what is best for us. When we asked about waiting lists she said they would vary.

I think i was expcting them to write a letter there and then so it is slightly annoying that we need yet more bloods done incuding Hep B and C, plus I need to repeat my CD3 and CD21 tests as the last ones were done in May last year. However that is no big deal because i have worked out that CD21 will be roughly 7DPO for me this Friday so hubby and I will go together then. I am kind of excited about researching the clinics when i find out where they are tomorrow. :)

I also went back on Saturday and got the results of my hormone profiling. I collected a serious of samples over the course of one month in December and they basically came back that my estrogen level is slightly lower in the first half of my cycle. I have now started on Agnus Castus to see if it balances out more. I have always wondered whether I have hormones issues and whether this is causing any implantation issues but hopefully this will help now if that is the case.

So it looks like we will be doing a lot of research this weekend.

I am pleased but i still cannot help thinking that we are forever waiting waiting, waiting. When will it be our turn??? I think after 2 and half years I always knew it would be unexplained infertility and here we are still waiting. Neil said in the car that we could still go private if we wanted to and start mild IVf at Harley Street. I think I will at least see what the waiting lists are on the NHS before we make that decision.

Will update again soon.

Love Gizzy xxx

Gizzy i'm so so glad you had a good appointment. Fabulous that you have been referred for ivf, just a bummer you need more bloods doing! I hope your feeling very positive about all of this xxxxxx

Wow hun, that's great! Well, not great about having to repeat tests etc but great that you're moving forward. Snap with the unexplained lol! Weird to be 'diagnosed' with that eh? Good luck with the research! So exciting but also quite scary I would imagine. Catch soon soon chick :wink:

Eeeeeeek that's so exciting Gizzy :good:

Maybe pay privately for your HIV/Hep bloods at your chosen clinic and then you'll be on their books already and they can help processing your referral more quickly by chasing it up? That is what happened for me anyway :)

You need any help checking out the clinics, give me a shout. Let me know what your options are xx

So pleased you had a good appointment. Hope all the research and tests go well. x

really pleased it went well fingers crossed it will not be to much of a long wait xxxxxxxxxx

They wouldn't do our hepatitis and hiv tests until after the referral appointment either and said referral letter wouldn't go out until they came back. We did them straight away and letter went out a week later so no real delay. I redid day 3 and 21 at the same time as hsg etc. We could start really close together!

Hey Gizzy, glad your appointment went well. I read your information with interest at the moment as my sister is currently going through the exact same journey as you! I echo you on the waiting aspect it is frustrating! Good Luck with your research and choice!

Xxx

glad it all went well.

Last edited:
Hi Gizzy,

I guess it feels like 3 steps forward and 2 steps back hey?

You know you are making progress but also know you could be in for a bit of a wait?

I am glad that you have some positives you can run with - and I hope the wait won't be as long as you anticipate?

Best of luck

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Wow so you get to choose where you go for IVF thats really good, I know it may delay things a bit but at least you can research which clinic has the best success rates and shortest waiting times.

Have you called yet to get the names of the clinics you get to choose from ??

ahw sounds really positive and you have been so patient waiting all this time already :)

At least it sounds like you have got lots of researching to keep you busy and lovely that neil said you can go private to speed things up if the waiting lists are too long.

Also fab that they give you the choice of which clinic.. i'm sure you will be able to do lots of research on the clinics so that you get the best one :) x x x x

Gizzy - so pleased things are moving forward, will be really interested to know where you chose in terms of IVF. My hycosy was monday and very similar to the experience you told us about. I also had a bit of a struggle with the catheter, but all done now which is a relief.

x x

Thats great news Gizzy, so pleased for you.
Wishing you all the luck for IVF xxxx

Fab news Gizzy .
I would wait and see about waiting times on the NHS and then decide from there. x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back