Anybody working quite late up to their due date?

Warley

Reaction score
Hiya

Well I am even though my mum is going mad about it...thing is I am due on the 29th Feb and because I work shifts , I am going to be off for two weeks at the beginining of Feb, then work for 3 days (12 hour shifts admittedly) but then I go off for Mat leave so am only really working 3 days whilst 38 weeks pregnant..and lets face it, they can't expect me to be supersonic!

Anyone else in the same boat?
X

Nope i got laid off when i was 13 weeks pregnant and found it suprisingly hard to get a job!! hmmm wonder why!!!! :roll:

12 Hour shifts while 38 weeks pregnant?!?! i dont envy you!!!! :shock: :shock:

I'm not working quite as late as you but i am planning on leaving work when i'm 36 weeks. The way things are going at the moment I can't see me working that late now though.

Oh my gosh littlepip..that's awful, are they allowed to do that?

The 12 hour shifts aren't that bad, I work in a lab and I am on light duties anyway, it's mostly just weighting out stuff and making up solutions and testing them, all of which can be done whilst sitting down..I am banned from anything too strenous such as walking round the site taking enviromental samples or going onto the plant, so it's not that bad, my boss is lovely and understanding!

I was gonna work right up to Christmas but I caved in and left at the beginning of December. I just found it too painful being sat at a desk all day... I'd come home in agony with back pain. I've been fine since I left...and even though I'm a bit bored I don't miss it!!!

im working up until 34weeks but it depends on what happens within that time hopfully everything will be ok and i can leave then but it depends on what my doc thinks when i go and visit her next...but i think the twins will be here by then!!!!!! Wishful thinking more like!!!!

Think I will be working right up til my waters go :(

I'm planning on working up to 38 weeks, althought it's on 9-3 monday-friday, I do have the option to have a day off if I really need it though

I am working up to 38 weeks too, not 12 hour shifts admittedly but on my feet and quite a physical job...if I last that long, I am on light duties but I am sooooooooo bored I will be glad to finish!

I am sure you will be fine those 3 days as long as you can take lots of little breaks, especially since you will have just had a rest and know it is only 3 days so there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

My mum was shocked at how long I intend to work too, she gave up weeks and weeks before she had me, but I think times have changed and personally I cant really afford to stop any earlier unless I have health issues, guess its their job to worry though! :roll:

Clarey...me too, I can only really afford to take 6 months off so I am trying my best to spend every moment I can with his lordship when he arrives :D

But look on the bright side... there are some benefits; I do find that on my days off I get so bored, all I can do is tidy up after dogs, cats, OH etc.. and that's the highlight of my day...imagine that for weeks waiting for baby to arrive!

I only have one more week to go until I leave, but that is my personal choice. I can't wait to have 11 weeks to myself, I have lots of nice things to do, I can't see me getting too bored.

If you feel fit and well enough, then working so late will be fine, it is your choice. I am glad your boss is nice and has given you lighter duties. I suppose it is natural for mums to worry.

I worked until a week before my due date, as my employers are too mean to pay a decent maternity package. I did lots of it at home though, catching up with admin and making phone calls. I did go into work about once a week to keep up to speed. I work mostly with men and they looked horrified, especially when I was in the flight simulator with them. I told them that if they did a coule of bouncy landings it might set labour off for me - you've never seen such good landings :lol: . I was hoping I would have my baby early so I could make the most of my maternity leave with my baby, rather than waiting for her. But she was nearly 2 weeks late.

I'm 27 wks and I honestly don't think I can las another day :oops:

I have honeslty never felt this bone idle in my life. I feel like over the last few weeks my whole attitude to work has changed and I cant even bring myself to go in. I have been off sick since tuesday and there isnt really anythng wrong with me. Bit of a bad back, but Im perfectly fit to go in, I just can't bear it. I don't know why i just feel like I cant face being at work anymore.

The same thing happened tlast time as well...when i got to about 28 weeks, it's as though something switched in my brain and i am utterly incapable of concentrating on anything for more than about a minute. I feel really bad and really lazy, but i just cant pull myself together. :shock:

Blossom said:
I'm 27 wks and I honestly don't think I can las another day :oops:

I have honeslty never felt this bone idle in my life. I feel like over the last few weeks my whole attitude to work has changed and I cant even bring myself to go in. I have been off sick since tuesday and there isnt really anythng wrong with me. Bit of a bad back, but Im perfectly fit to go in, I just can't bear it. I don't know why i just feel like I cant face being at work anymore.

The same thing happened tlast time as well...when i got to about 28 weeks, it's as though something switched in my brain and i am utterly incapable of concentrating on anything for more than about a minute. I feel really bad and really lazy, but i just cant pull myself together. :shock:

Aww don't be too hard on yourself. Pregnancy effects everyone differently. Your body is working very hard, you are far from lazy! If it is any consolation I have been off work for two days too and I only have 6 days left before my leave. I have just felt so tired.
Be kind to yourself, it is normal to feel the way you do. :hug:

I agree with Happy bunny, Blosson everybody is different, I honestly have felt fine, ok a little tired now and again but if you are feeling exhausted then it is your body's way of telling not to do so much, do not feel bad about it.

I think we do do too much nowadays as mums-to-be's and it seems to be frowned upon if we show even an ounce of weakness - which is wrong! My MW said that we are working longer and harder than we used to and this is why we are getting epidemic levels of SPD, your pelvis is mean't to relax and chill out way before birth!

Don't feel guilty, your body is working overtime!

Im working till 38 and a half weeks, id rather have the time off with baby later on than now. I think its better as it keeps your mind of things and you get more money 8)
Im as fit and healthy as i was b4 i was pregnant so i see no reason not too.

I'll be 38 weeks when I officially go on mat leave, but going 2 weeks before on annual leave - so I guess 36 weeks?

that is really weird, i read your post and thought, mmm i cant remember writing that!

im EXACTLY the same, i have two weeks off beginning of feb, return to work to do my last three 12 hr shifts, mad that!!!!

Well I live in Essex and work in the westend of London so I have a 1.5 hr commute to work each way. I was hoping to make it up to 38 weeks but I dont see that happening. I think I will put my official date in for week 37 but may have to go a little earlier if I cant cope.

Its a hard decision to make cause I want more time off when baby gets here rather then sitting at home. Mind you I dont really want to come back to work at all and wont if we can afford for me not to. Fingers crossed!

I am leaving work when i am 37 weeks. Wanting to spend as much of my maternity leave to with baby when she comes.

We will just have to wait and see if i can last that long with the trouble i am having with my SPD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back