Anybody good with Consumer Rights??

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
Most of you may remember that I have been having problems with the shop I ordered my pram from.

Well... I am still having problems. They still don't have the pram delivered from the manufacturer and are not offering me a sorry, kiss me arse or nothing.

I am fed up, due next week and pramless. It was a travel system I ordered too so I am without everything! I ordered it 20 weeks ago and it was custom made hence the big leadtime. They promised me it would be done and with them for the 15th January. Happy with that we handed over £400 deposit out, total pram cost just under 1k...

So my question is.. What do I do now?

I have rang and rang and rang, and they just keep fobbing me off saying that "It isn't out fault, its the manufacturer and we have been ringing them all the time trying to find out what's happening, its them that keep delaying it and saying its due to be delivered on such and such a date and it doesn't turn up"

So, they promised me it was definitely going to be Friday, and if not Friday, Monday (yesterday) and no later, they told me that it was NOT going to be any later than that day and the manufacturer have told them they have sent out 27 of the prams due in to the shop on the delivery van. Well.. they didn't turn up yesterday, I called again today and the women who works at the shop snottily told me " I told you yesterday I will call you when they come in, they are due in no later than today" - To which I exploded at her and told her I am sick to death of being told "Its due in tomorrow, its due in next week, its due in next fucking year"..

She told me again, manufacturers fault and not theirs...

Am I within my right to demand that £400 deposit back and telling them to shove the custom made pram where the sun don't shine??

I am seriously reaching boiling point now :(

Im not 100% sure but i think you are from what i remember

Would be worth making a call to consumer rights and gettin there view so you have the proper facts before you speak to them again

What a joke messing u around like that i would be fuming too, If they were nice you could half understand them being messed around by the manufacturre but to them your the customer and ur always right so no way sould you be fobbed off like that

Hope u get it sorted hun x

Yes, you are fully within your rights - that's what I would do!!! Your contract is with the RETAILER and not the MANUFACTURER. Do you have signed paperwork explaining they would have the travel system by 15th jan or was it just a verbal agreement...? That could make a difference as to your rights. I would be so pissed off with them... Grrrrrr...

Citizens advice bureaus are also quite helpful with things like this...

Can you ring the manafacture yourself? when you handed the £400 over did you get any paper work if so it should tell you your rights on there??? sorry your being messed about not what you need when your pregnant xx

Thanks ladies, yes we got a receipt with the date written down on it. I will have to go dig it out but I do know I deffo got one. I have just contacted consumer rights now so will wait for them to get back to me. I had to send a complaints form off.

Will let you know what they say :)

xx

It really makes me mad at how some shops treat their customers... You are spending a lot of money on a product that you need by a certain date. It is their responsibility to ensure they can deliver what they promise. In addition, you have lost 20 weeks worth of interest on £400. Make sure you mention that and get adequately compensated for your loss. If they are then at a loss due to compensating you, they will have to take that up with the manufacturer as their contract is with the manufacturer. Good luck - hope you get some results, and ultimately get yourself the travel system you want! X

Good thinking Nic! I never looked at it that way! I will deffo not be letting this drop. I know when Mothercare messed up orders with 2 of my friends, they compensated one of them £75 and the other £100, infact I think they even gave Princess 81 a nice credit when they messed her nursery furniture up. I am totally expecting the same from this Baby Store too :D x

that really is shocking!!!! hope your get it sorted, i would be raging!! xx

Woohoooo! They just called me back and told me they have just taken delivery and my pram is now there ready to be collected. Only problem being is OH is now not here and I can't lift it all myself lol. Doh! X

Hooray!!!!! At least it's in the shop now! :).

Well I was going to say yes you are within your rights as they have failed etc but woohoo on it being delivered lol xx

put up some pics when you get it loopylou, custom made sounds lovely we want to see :) xx

So glad it's finally arrived for you hun. Still think it would be worth a letter of complaint just for the rudeness! You didnt need any of that stress!! Xx

So glad it's arrived Hun but I would still pursue for some compensation. O always find it best to write a letter explaining it all. I would also write to the manufacturer as well.

We recently had an issue with John Lewis nit delivering a tv on time (twice) so I wrote to their head of customer services and I'm now £150 better off for it!!

If you need any help I love writing a good letter to rant!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back