• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anybody feed ther babies Infasoy?

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
Most of you are probably aware of all the problems I've had with Harlows excessive crying and misdiagnoses from the health professionals. Well after 48 hours of excessive crying and ALOT of wind I have bit the bullet and just give her the first bottle of soy milk.

My question is; what colour do you find your LO's poop is and how often do they go? Originally her poop was green from the comfort formula and she went every other day, so was wondering what is normal and what's not on the soy milk.

X

I don't have any experience, but hope the new formula helps you both! Xx

5ac467d7-9e54-4286.jpg

Can you believe the difference!! 2 hours after her first soy milk bottle! She has never ever slept during the day!

We may be onto a winner!! X

Last edited:
Oh wow how adorable does she look :)

So pleased that the milk seems to be working for you, fingers crossed it continues.

Aww what a gorgeous little girl!

My brother (now 22) was allergic to formula milk, his poo was green too. He had Wysoy made by SMA which I assume is pretty much the same as what Harlow's having. He was a different child after the first bottle too! From what I can remember his poo's were pretty much normal after a while too.

I'd keep going with it if it's working hun. Does the milk still smell as bad as it did back then? I will never forget the smell when I used to make up his bottles!! x

Aww what a gorgeous little girl!

My brother (now 22) was allergic to formula milk, his poo was green too. He had Wysoy made by SMA which I assume is pretty much the same as what Harlow's having. He was a different child after the first bottle too! From what I can remember his poo's were pretty much normal after a while too.

I'd keep going with it if it's working hun. Does the milk still smell as bad as it did back then? I will never forget the smell when I used to make up his bottles!! x

Haha, yeah it bloody stinks! I was gagging when I made it before! I dread what the poop smells like! Must invest in a peg for my nose! x

Samsgirl, formula smells delicious compared to soya milk!!

Loopylouize, on a plus note my Brother went onto cows milk at a year and was fine, although he never really liked it. He only ate it on cereal x

Hope you get some answers. Sounds like your LO has a cows milk allergy, which can trigger reflux (which explains why LO had those symptoms) I read the other day that more than half babies with reflux actually have a CMA.

Good luck

xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks ladies :)

She is asleep now all happy and content. Not a peep out of her!

I really hope for her sake let alone mine that this is the answer to her discomfort! Just hope the formula change doesn't constipate her!

X

It might a bit, but it'll be nothing compared to the pain she's been in. Extra water & some massages should do the drink

Hope you have a better night

xxxxxxx

She slept through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am over the moon! Long may it last!! Woohoo! x

:yay:

Thats excellent

Whats the name of the soy milk you used? Can you buy it in shops?

xxxxxxxxx

Its Cow & Gates Infasoy. Yep, I got it from Boots and have also seen it in Asda. Its usually next to the comfort formulas, SMA have a version of the Soy Milk too, not sure if Aptimal do x

I've actually heard good things about the cow & gate one. I know aptamil have something called aptamil pepti but I duno anything about it & you cant buy in the shops.

If this prescribed formula doesn't work with Kayden i'll get some of the C&G stuff.

Did you ask the doc/HV first or just move straight onto it?

xxxxxx

I had asked in the past if they think it could be her milk and her being lactose intolerant and they all where quickly adamant it wasn't her milk. I have just gone of my own back and changed her without mentioning it to them again.

I said to OH that surely changing her can't do any worse than she already is. It can only remain the same or get better. She seems alot happier today and has even started to drink more. She was only taking between 2 to 3 oz each feed whilst other babies her age are on 6oz! She has upped to 4 oz so far x

I think you can safely say its the milk then, after a cpl more days you should know for def! I always had confidence in docs/HV's until this carry on with Kayden, feel totally left to deal with it myself, they give meds ect but they're just using trial & error & dont seem to care tbh, maybe there really isn't much they can do, but waiting over 2 months just to get an appointment to see a baby doc is rediculous. My HV had been telling me to feed kayden more, when we seen the baby doc at the hosp he said that he's been drinking wayy to much & to reduce the amount straight away (along with other things) theres just a total lack of knowledge when it comes to something that isn't "standard"

xxxx

Totally agree with you! I feel very let down! When the paediatrician gave her the meds for reflux, they said they would review her in 6 weeks time to see if they need to up the dosage or if it was even reflux in the first place. When I asked could she not be seen sooner as 6 weeks is a long time to have to wait and persevere. He said no and walked away!

I can't believe your doc and HV have told you two different things aswell! So what did you do in the end? Did you feed him less more often?

Well so far she has been on the Soy milk for 4 days and she has been fantastic! Her poop yesterday was quite hard and pebbly but I expected that and have just been giving her water every now and again. I now have a giggly baby girl who is happy to babble and interact with people and her toys. She hasn't cried hysterically like she used too and has started napping during the daytime. So yeah, I would now quite happily say that she may be lactose intolerant.

If you "google" Lactose Intolerance in babies it actually says on alot of websites that it is very very rare for babies to be lactose intolerant and that many mothers just "think" their babies are. My cousin was also lactose intolerant! Is the research correct?? Who knows! x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back