Anybody elses OH a complete....

My o/h told me he had loads of ideas for proposing - he ended up proposing in the car, in the hospital car park on my scan of child number 3................what happened to the sunset on the cliffs/beach etc?????

My oh idea of romance is buying me a takeaway, he never buys me flowers, hes bought me them 1 time since we met and that was 4 valentines day, he is the most unromantic person i know :rotfl:

Mine is not romantic at all.

He proposed to me by text message....then realised that was a bit weird, so he took back his proposal....then proposed to me a week later when he was drunk in a nightclub.

The night before our engagement party he told me he was thinking of leaving the party early because he wanted to get up early the next day and go to a car boot sale (we had a big fight about that - nearly called off the engagement lol - he didn't end up going to that car boot sale)

He's bought me flowers only twice in the entire time we've been together (7 years) - and one of those times I had to ask him to buy me some!

He never carried stuff for me when I was pregnant - on the contrary he had me helping him lug massive boxes around up until 2 days before my due date for the house move.

so yeh....as romantic as a rock

Xena said:

He proposed to me by text message....then realised that was a bit weird, so he took back his proposal....then proposed to me a week later when he was drunk in a nightclub.

The night before our engagement party he told me he was thinking of leaving the party early because he wanted to get up early the next day and go to a car boot sale (we had a big fight about that - nearly called off the engagement lol - he didn't end up going to that car boot sale)

My OH on our engagment party night discovered absenth (sp) had however many ran outside dropped his trousers ( this was in a beer garden) and said to a group of our frinds " I think my cock has shrunk, has it?!" Then had a few more drinks and when I realised he was missing I walked upstairs (we were renting the flat above the pub) and found him on the floor hugging a baseball bat saying "My bat, my lovely bat, I love my bat" :roll: :rotfl: So I had to pick him up, Yes pick :rotfl: , and take him to bed this was only 12:30am :rotfl: :clap: I stayed up until 6am and drank myself sober so it was an evenful night :rotfl:

He also proposed to me in that pub drunk on the caraoke machine. He came up said I want that ring I brought you last week - so I gave it him and ten minutes later he proposed on the dance floor with the microphone presenting the same ring :roll:

Dont you love romantic men :rotfl:

LilysMummy said:
He also proposed to me in that pub drunk on the caraoke machine. He came up said I want that ring I brought you last week - so I gave it him and ten minutes later he proposed on the dance floor with the microphone presenting the same ring :roll:

Dont you love romantic men :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :hug: :hug:

OH is not at all romantic, he can be but only when I really push him to be. It's not in his nature. :wall: It does get to me though so I can appreciate why it upsets you hun :hug: :hug:

My DH isnt romantic anymore, although used to be when we first met, and not sure which is worse - having had no romance, or having it in the past and knowing what you are missing now?? I was once upon a time treated like a princess, whisked away for romantic breaks, taken to covent garden to have my engagement ring designed.......but nothing these days, maybe I had all my share back then :D

Saying that he did come home the other day all excited and had a pressie for me - yes he bought me a weeding tool for the veggie garden :D who says romance is dead!!!

My OH was with his ex-wife for 17 years before he met me so in his words "he has done all the romance before and is too old to start that nonsense again". He's 38, I'm 30.

I can't vouch for what he was like with her, but with me he's a complete and utter failure! :(

my OH isnt so bad, but he does confuse me some what lol.
At glastonbury this year he was drunk and kept telling me to look at rings at one of the stalls, i was too drunk myself and said no, ill wait outside. Next minute he's next to me on one knee saying 'im not asking you to marry me ok? - im asking you to pre-engage me? (wtf?) lol.

:rotfl: i said yes, altho im not quite sure what ive said yes too.. :roll: :think: :doh:

and tbh its not been spoke about sinse... i dont think he remembers!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Tangerinedream said:
failure when it comes to romance? Mine is, he doesnt even try and will acknowledge the fact he isnt bothered :x When we first met I used to be really romantic and quite naive about the fact that he would change. I stopped bothering soon after :roll:

I have read a few threads over the months about how peoples OH's have proposed, taken them away for romantic weekends, bought them beautiful gifts etc, and I get so jealous because I know my OH will never do anything like that. If I tried to arrange something like that it wouldnt get the best reception to say the least because he would say a weekend away is not practical, just a waste of time and money. I half considered proposing to my OH this february 29th but decided not to as I couldnt handle the rejection if he said no, which he most likely would have... no sparing my feelings whatsoever!

I love him so much and he is a really lovely person, very thoughtful and considerate... I just wish h was romantic!

Anyway, anybody else have completely unromatic blokes? And please, no offence- no replies with how wonderful and romantic your OH is, that is just gonna upset me further :(

Sorry this is a bit of a whinge isnt it :(

im afraid to say we are both a failure romance wise.

dont think my OH could spell or define romance let alone put it into action :rotfl:

Red_Fairy said:
my OH isnt so bad, but he does confuse me some what lol.
At glastonbury this year he was drunk and kept telling me to look at rings at one of the stalls, i was too drunk myself and said no, ill wait outside. Next minute he's next to me on one knee saying 'im not asking you to marry me ok? - im asking you to pre-engage me? (wtf?) lol.

:rotfl: i said yes, altho im not quite sure what ive said yes too.. :roll: :think: :doh:

and tbh its not been spoke about sinse... i dont think he remembers!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I read that too fast I thought he asked you to pregnate him :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Nope! He has the odd moment when he is romantic but very rarely. He is very affectionate, always giving cuddles and kisses but they annoy me most days. I end up pushing him away going 'gerrrr offfff'. How lovely am i?! :rotfl:

He bought me a teddy of a cow (Mrs Moo, I like to call her). He said in such a soppy voice 'I bought her because when I saw her she reminded me of you!' Charming, I remind him of a cow!! :lol:

I think Brian is. He makes me breakfast and brings me tea without asking. He texts me nice texts thru the da.
He proposed to me on the beach at midnight on NEw year with fireworks going off.
I still dont have a proper ring - the one i wear cost 8 euros, but i like it and he says i can have a proper one when we have some money.
He still farts and burps at me, but i do he same back to him, we are comfortable with each other and in llove xxxxxxxx

I don't think romance has anything to do with flowers or valentine's day. I do get flowers from time to time (but then the bloke likes having them around), but we both don't like valentine's day. The romance for me is more in the little things. For example he brought me home grapes today when I'm at home feeling ill. He sometimes has a virgin cocktail ready for me when I come home from work after him. Or he spontaneously buys me a book he thinks I might like. And I do the same for him, it works both ways after all. Things like that make me feel much more valued and loved than any hallmark card with a clumsy pre-printed poem once a year in February.

I think romance can be more than presents and flowers. My OH is good but I do hint and tell him what is good a lot of the time I've been hinting about wanting a charm bracelet for a year now (for xmas I got a necklace and earrings so i obv wasn't hinting very well) so the other day when he asked what I wanted for my 21st I told him, i've even offered to go with him to choose it... so he's not romantic of his own accord! Lol.

But it is more than that. I like it when he notices i'm tired and sends me off for a nap and wakes me a few hours later with some dinner... or when he bought me a stash of radox because he knows i like the smell and it was on offer...lol

Suzie and Faith said:
I think romance can be more than presents and flowers. My OH is good but I do hint and tell him what is good a lot of the time I've been hinting about wanting a charm bracelet for a year now (for xmas I got a necklace and earrings so i obv wasn't hinting very well) so the other day when he asked what I wanted for my 21st I told him, i've even offered to go with him to choose it... so he's not romantic of his own accord! Lol.

But it is more than that. I like it when he notices i'm tired and sends me off for a nap and wakes me a few hours later with some dinner... or when he bought me a stash of radox because he knows i like the smell and it was on offer...lol
Your OH is a complete diamond Suz! He seemed such a lovely bloke at the London Meet bless him!...

...And an excellent dad! x

My OH can be very romantic. He doesn't buy me loads of presents and flowers but he is really affectionate and always tells me he loves me. When I was suffering with morning sickness he would sit with me while I had my head over a bowl chucking my guts up! He'd rub my back and generally just sit with me till I felt better. Also today he could see how tired, hot and uncomfortable I was so he cooked me dinner and bought me endless drinks and wouldn't let me do anything! Probably not anybody elses idea of romance but to me he is perfect and I love him more than anything and can't wait to be his wife next year!

LilysMummy said:
Xena said:

My OH on our engagment party night discovered absenth (sp) had however many ran outside dropped his trousers ( this was in a beer garden) and said to a group of our frinds " I think my cock has shrunk, has it?!" Then had a few more drinks and when I realised he was missing I walked upstairs (we were renting the flat above the pub) and found him on the floor hugging a baseball bat saying "My bat, my lovely bat, I love my bat" :roll: :rotfl:

PMSL... this i thought was really funny!!! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back