Anybody elses OH a complete....

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
failure when it comes to romance? Mine is, he doesnt even try and will acknowledge the fact he isnt bothered :x When we first met I used to be really romantic and quite naive about the fact that he would change. I stopped bothering soon after :roll:

I have read a few threads over the months about how peoples OH's have proposed, taken them away for romantic weekends, bought them beautiful gifts etc, and I get so jealous because I know my OH will never do anything like that. If I tried to arrange something like that it wouldnt get the best reception to say the least because he would say a weekend away is not practical, just a waste of time and money. I half considered proposing to my OH this february 29th but decided not to as I couldnt handle the rejection if he said no, which he most likely would have... no sparing my feelings whatsoever!

I love him so much and he is a really lovely person, very thoughtful and considerate... I just wish h was romantic!

Anyway, anybody else have completely unromatic blokes? And please, no offence- no replies with how wonderful and romantic your OH is, that is just gonna upset me further :(

Sorry this is a bit of a whinge isnt it :(

Awwww :hug:

My OH isn't romantic either, he wouldn't whisk me away for a weekend break, and he bought me a book for valentines, but I love him loads and that really is all that matters - he is great around the house and with the kids and he really loves me too. There are so many women out there that havn't even got that. Although he did come home from work an hour after he got there when I got my BFP with a lovely bunch of flowers - so small things do help.

But I do know what you mean it would be nice for big romantic gestures, but I am thankfull every day that I have him :cheer:

my husband wouldnt know romance if it jumped up and punched him in the face, his idea of romance is gertting me a scratch card when he does the lottery, i tell him how much i would adore some flowers randomly not on mothers day or birthday etc but he just wont do it, morrisons for lunch on a sunday is his idea of taking me out for a meal :wall:

my husband wouldnt know romance if it kicked him up the butt hun, we have been togeather 23 years and last year we were at my sons cricket match and i bridal party came to the hotel he was playing at for their reception and i was arrrr look at that dress and he said "shall we do it then" i said what to which he replied shall we do it them get married lol i said yes and we go married 16 days later last year

My OH is not romantic at all! He's bought me flowers once in the nearly 6 years we've been together, and that was for my birthday after I had outright told him (never mind hinting) I wanted some for 2 years!

I've kind of got used to it now, I do get a bit jealous when I see & hear of other men being romantic though. It'd be nice to be treated like a princess occasionally!

I'm determined that my son is not going to be the same.

scatterpatch said:
Mines uuber romantic, sorr to rub it in ladies but there had to be one didnt there !!

Had a bonfire the other night to get rid of excess wood in the garden, and we watched ti for a bit then i went inside to watch tv whilst he looked after it, anywaysd bout an hour later he came in to get me to come and have a look at it and hed put down a big blanket, made me a uuber hotchocolate with marshamallows and whacked a few candles about, so we sat watching our jacket potatoes whistle on the fire til about 3 in the morning !!! Romantic or what !!

didnt she say no offence but she didnt want to hear about romantic ones as it would upset her..... :roll:

My OH is not remantic either. One birthday I got a sodastream and this birthday I got a caserol dish and his defence was ''its a cruset one it was expensive''. we stayed the night in a hotel for a friends wedding and when I offered it on a plate he said ''ive just told the lads ill meet them in the bar, its valueable drinking time you know, well do it later'' :roll: then later he was so pissed he passed out and the next day to hungover! He has his moments but if I got flowers I would think he had done something wrong since ive not had them alot in the past 8 years!

He isw and isnt - and recently has been better - like proposing again, going on holiday and buyingme some lovely jewellery and has been quite thoughtful for the first ime in 5 years.

But proir to that - useless, and im not expecting the change to last long either, so il be moaning soon as well.

My first proper boyfriend (we were together for nearly 3 yrs) was not romantic in the slightest! The best thing he did for me was to remember that I was saving for an iPod and bought one for my birthday, which to me (because he was so NOT romantic, was really romantic! If that makes sense?) but I was never showered with kisses and cuddles or anything... And yet I loved him so much, our relationship was so honest and "real" in a sense...

...Yet, Evie's dad seemed the definition of "romance" but it was WAY too full on. Like back rubs every night and things like that, I kind of tired of it? That was until about 3 months into our relationship when he enlightened me with his w*nker ways... I then realised that whilst I was desperate for my first boyfriend to have some kind of Mr Romantic in him, our relationship was more true than the one I had with Evie's dad..

Hope that makes sense :hug:

jennywren said:
One birthday I got a sodastream and this birthday I got a caserol dish and his defence was ''its a cruset one it was expensive''.

You are not alone ladies. I was in Currys with OH today (buying a new hand blender, thrilling!) and pointed out the mini food processors and said:-

Me:- "Oh, I could do with one of them for doing breadcrumbs." (I know, dull conversation, eh!)
OH (seriously):- "Do you want one for your Christmas?"
Me:- "Erm no!"
OH:- "Well there comes a time in every woman's life when she starts getting hoovers and irons for special occassions!"

He's had his moments td, but on the whole my OH is DEFINITELY not romantic.

Valentine Xxx

valentine said:
Me:- "Oh, I could do with one of them for doing breadcrumbs." (I know, dull conversation, eh!)
OH (seriously):- "Do you want one for your Christmas?"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Bless him for his forward thinking though, it's June FFS!

My OH will shop for my Christmas gift on Christmas eve probably and get himself into a right tizz about it until I ring him and tell him what I want LOL

He's not romantic either, I occasionally get flowers (like once every few months) and thats it.

Hmmm I can count the bunches of flowers OH has bought me over the last 11 years on the fingers of one hand lol :roll:
We have travelled a lot and been in sooo many potentially romantic places, but I have given up hoping he will spot the opportunity to get romantic (or down on one knee!) and I am settling for the fact he cooks for me and made the decision to try for our beautiful daughter together as romance enough!
We can dream though eh! :lol:

I told my OH before Christmas that absolutely under no circumstances did I want a present that was electrical or battery powered (not of the naughty kind either!) Bless him, he's really sweet and always buys me things that I've expressed interest in (like a cd player for my car ) but he doesn't always get it that what a woman really wants is diamonds (or rubies/emeralds/etc)

So last christmas I got a beautiful diamond necklace and earrings (not hugely expensive as the stones are tiny but still!) Yes there were ones that I'd pointed out on the website "OOOH Look I really like them" HINT HINT lol.

I've mentioned to him about floweres and he has on the rare occasion (in 8 years) bought me a bunch or some chocolate when I've not been feeling great but generally, if it isn't spelled out for him he's clueless.

Tbh its not a huge problem for me but it would be nice to be spoilt on occasion.

++Edit++ I just found one of those huge chocolate chip cookies in my lunch (he made for me) and I thought "Aw how lovely" so I emailed him to say thanks, he replied, "well I thought we might as well use them up before they go off" :roll: Even when I think he's being thoughtful he's really being practical!!! :rotfl:

my OH is pretty good with getting me nice pressies. He's not really romantic as such, but i get flowers every valentines day...and a chinese so im happy with that , lol :D

I haven't read any responses, but I'd like to ask one question: what does your OH do that is thoughtful and considerate? You see, I used to think the same about my DH, but when I confronted him with this - I, too, was comparing him to all romantic men around me - he said that I should look at what he DOES, not what he SHOULD DO. My DH gets me cards with cute texts or even writes that he loves me. He has brought me flowers before. He's made supper for me. He may not have whisked me away on a romantic holiday or even bought me expensive jewellry, but he has been thoughtful and considerate.

It's not the big things that count. Think of the small things he's done for you. It may put things into perspective :hug:

Not romantic either. Had a couple of bunches of flowers at the start. He knew i wanted Ghost on DVD and went everywhere looking for it. But then he moved in!!! After 3 months of being together. Now i get woken up with farts instead of cuddles. My birthday, xmas and valentines are in a space of 2 months. I got nothing! Never mind your electrical crap, i got nothing! Lol. His excuse was we cant afford anything and he'll make it up later. But then bought himself the new Xbox Elite!!! Which, by the way, has barely been touched!!!

my DF is absolutly NOT romantic
he proposed to me with a i love u will u marry me at 11 at nite wen i was half asleep
no romantic meal or day out etc lol

emeraldsroses said:
I haven't read any responses, but I'd like to ask one question: what does your OH do that is thoughtful and considerate? You see, I used to think the same about my DH, but when I confronted him with this - I, too, was comparing him to all romantic men around me - he said that I should look at what he DOES, not what he SHOULD DO. My DH gets me cards with cute texts or even writes that he loves me. He has brought me flowers before. He's made supper for me. He may not have whisked me away on a romantic holiday or even bought me expensive jewellry, but he has been thoughtful and considerate.

It's not the big things that count. Think of the small things he's done for you. It may put things into perspective :hug:

I know where you are coming from but you OH is still a lot more romantic than mine... sorry I do know I sound really whingey and ungrateful right now :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back