Anyone else felt/ feel like this?

emmie

Reaction score
My husband is going back to work tomorrow and i am really scared and worried that i am not going to be able to cope. Anyone else felt like this im sure i will be fine but cant help panicing :?

I felt exactly the same, but you do cope. You'll be fine! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yep! I was exactly the same! It is scary at first, but you'll get up and you will be just like you were when he was there. You'll get on with it without realising.

How you doing? todays my first full day on my own as well. I was terrified but actually im enjoying having all this alone time with Dylan and not having to share him. Its great i can just walk over and pick him up for a cuddle anytime i like without having to take it in turns. I think Dylans liking alone time with mummy as well he's in a really good mood. He likes me best!! :shhh: :lol:

Dont know what i was worrying about lol its great over half way through the day already and we are on top of it its great, Daryl phoned at lunch to see how were getting on and i think he was shocked that Blake was asleep and i had actually had time to eat lol, but i am still in my pj's which i am about to put right and get dressed while hes asleep, how you getting on Keelie?

aww good im glad its going well for you. Well i was hoping to have a nap today but Dylan decided he wasnt going to sleep at all, fair enough so i just enjoyed sitting with him, had the tele on in the background and although i was really tired i was happy :)
Then HV came and was here for quite a while telling me different things going on in my area. As soon as she walked in Dylan fell asleep, and woke up again an hour and a half later just as she left :wall: im sure he thought it was hilarious!!
So i didnt get a nap but like you i did manage to grab something to eat :D
I dont know if he's had a growth spurt day or what but he's fed loads today, so its been a little tough because iv not been able to do anything at all but then again im not going to beat myself up over the washing up or housework, i know deep down its not my priority.
Im not dressed either :oops: Im not sure if i have been in 3 weeks now :oops: :oops:
I used to take a lot of pride in my appearence but i havnt even brushed my hair today!
When OH gets back i might book half an hour off to have a shower.
But i would say today was a success i have been diagnosed with PND and im really suffering with anxiety. i thought id spend the day in tears but iv been ok.
Did you find any time for yourself in the end Emmie? I cant believe how quickly the time goes though, i thought i might at least get 10 minutes to have a tidy up but i really havnt. (mind you i could be doing it now but oh well :shhh: )

I was just the same as you girls. I was that worried i'd made sure i had visitors every day. turned out i was fine. my friend gave me the best advice.. get up when OH does (around 6.30) and the rest should fall into place. There are still days i dont get a shower til OH gets home and washing/drying and straightening my hair has gone out the window!

You will get a little routine going and it will get easier.

Claire x

I remember when I had my first and I couldnt get out of the house (when I tried) until around 3pm! lol I would start at about 12 ish but one thing after another meant I got out the door by 3! There would always be something I'd forget or baby would poop or be sick etc etc. But it gradually settled down and I was able to get up, bathe, eat, get dressed all while sorting baby out in between and be out the door after just 1.5 hours! I was well chuffed lol! Now Im a pro and can be out the door in 40 mins with all 4 kiddies! :lol: You begin to realise where you can make short cuts etc!

Well i think day one was a great success all in all, i even managed to have tea ready by the time other half came home which i really thought i wouldnt, i managed to get dressed and then had a shower after tea while daddy was looking after his son. Last night was quiet a sleepless one as Blake has a cold so finding it hard to breath so i am hoping will get some sleep tonight. Am praying today wasnt a fluke and another stress free day is approaching tomorrow.

The real test will be Thursday as i have a new parent group which starts at 10.30am and i will have to leave the house at 10am, hmmmm thats going to be a challange lol :D

Yeah i did, but you will be fine hun dont worry, here if you need to chat :hug:

:hug: my hubby went back yesterday and i was dreading it.
my mum and sister camr round for lunch and helped me with some housework and it was fine actually

the only difference ive noticed is that Josh is more grumpy without daddy here to give him a cuddle :roll: :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back