Anya Willow 13th May 2017

Ha ha, I found you! Congratulations, she is adorable! I know I'm a bit late to get here, but better late than never :).

Hehe ty hUn x it's nice to catch up again x would love to see/hear how your lo is getting on!

Our little man is doing great. Problems putting on weight but all three of them were that way as babies. The other two caught up quick on solids. He is at the age where he is sleeping less and discovering toys and how to sit up. He is a really smiley chap, much more so than the other two. He is also very fair skinned and has blue eyes which is the total oposite to his brother who is olive skinned with big dark eyes like his dad. Not sure how they managed to be so different in coloring. Good thing OH trusts me or he would be convinced it wasnt his baby!

Last edited:
By the way I wish I looked as good as you do now! I really need to loose a pile of weight. My bump was truely huge this time round and I don't think things are ever going back quite how they were no matter how much I loose but it would be a good start.

Oh I feel like a house compared to how I was lol I was a mere 6 stone when I met hubby! I guess you don't bounce back at 31 the same as you do at 22 lol. I'm loving my new to though it clings in the right places and hangs in the right places plus it's easy to bf with

Try being 37! I think you are right that age doesn't help. I bounced back pretty well after DD and I wasnt really trying. Two big boys (11lbs and 10lbs 5oz) really didnt help with my general shape and fitness but I always ended pregnancylighter than starting it so cant really use pregnancy as my excuse for my weight. With 3 LOs I just dont seem to have time to think about it so my eating habbits have been a bit naughty. After my MC I really piled it on. I kind of ate my grief away for a few months and I never quite got back to how I should be since then.

Last edited:
Aye I was similar and my weight ballooned due to my heart meds thankfully a lit of that weight disappeared as fast as it appeared. I'm still suffering post birth with pelvic pain so when that goes I'll be better to exercise

So proud of Anya. Last night I put her in moses basket after a feed and a change and she got herself back off to sleep with only minimal asks for me to pop my head over the side of the basket x well done gurl!

Also her first sleep of the night was to Rages killing in the name of. Every time it finished she made a mini sleep cry until we put it back on. Lol go Lil metal head!

Last edited:
Just found this pic of my son at 19 days old

Attachments

• 2017-06-10 19.46.04.jpg
    2017-06-10 19.46.04.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 2017-06-10 19.45.02.jpg
    2017-06-10 19.45.02.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 6
They look so similar!!

That's great that she is starting to self settle, makes it all so much easier xx

And here are photos of me at newborn, a few weeks & about aged 3. Even back then I couldn't decide on hair colour LOL! These are some of my "pretty" pics I'll see If I come accross any others! (by3 I think I had grown into my face but then by the end of primary school ,t had outgrown me again LOL)

Attachments

• 2017-06-11 16.53.30.jpg
    2017-06-11 16.53.30.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 2017-06-11 16.54.52.jpg
    2017-06-11 16.54.52.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20170610_195201.jpg
    20170610_195201.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 10
So nearly a month and 1st day if no bleeding. It's really odd I was bleeding yesterday. But today just creamy and EWCM. Wonder where in upto in my cycle!
From next week I'm going to start expressing to store milk rather than expressing for comfort and I'm really not sure how to do it whilst still feeding her as well so and my tips or suggestions welcome!

I'm also having a massive crack on with housework. For the first time in so long I feel organised and I'm eagerly waiting more filing and organising equipment. I've ordered a 5 tier heavy duty shelf for all my filing and marvel comic collections and collectables and a new funky shoe rack to organise my shoes and work clothes (which I currently store on top if my current shoe rack lol) and soon I'll be ready to put my crap and maternity stuff on ebay to make some pennies. I got informed I've been named in my nan's will I thought already had what she wanted to give me £500 for a new dryer. I don't know what she's left me that will be discussed at at later date. I hope it's some of her sewing or art work though x

Last edited:
We were having a friend over and it was their 30th. I had just fed anya and put her down for her nap so I thought I'd be safe having a tiny bit of wine to toast the birthday. Nope anya wake's up 30 min later claiming to be staving stuck and with no bottles for breast milk yet we did the only thing we could as she was inconsolable and gave her some pre made ready to drink first milk. So on her 1month b day she had 40ml of formula. Goof thinh list she took it really well from daddy my son would never touch a bottle no matter what was in it. Do all is looking good for hubby to feed when I go back to work.

Thats good all is looking good for when you go back with regards to the bottle :)
Apparently the amount of alcohol in milk from a glass of wine is so teeny tiny you are ok to bf though :)

I thought that but as it was making my head woozy and they said breastfeeding milk has the same alcohol as what's in your blood I didn't want to make her go woozy too lol. I fed her after the free booze the pub gave ne that time (ordered an orange juice they gave me a vodka orange but only charged for am orange!) But I only had a bit of it.

I did ny first public bf today it was a bit awkward as I didn't have a modesty blanket or anything as I didn't expect her to wake up! But it went fine. She's currently in her moses basket awake but happily pouting to herself lol its so hot tonight I hope she doesnt overheat!

I'm a bit apprehensive about tomorrow I have a bank appointment to open a new account and anya has been trying to poop now for 25hours unsuccessfully so who's betting she'll do a mega poop in the bank? Lol

Last edited:
Aww yay for public bf. I love it when women don't wear a cape or shield. Just go for it! Good on ye.

Mega explosive poop. Have you given her a wee bit of cool boiled water? Wee couple oz always did trick for the boys. Although id hold off till after the bank for that if she hasnt dropped a bomb lol.

xxxx

She had her mega poop the day after the bank.

It's so hot I worry about her it's 30 degrees in our house poor thing.

She's 5 weeks and 30 mins as I'm typing this. And today she's been really alert much better than yesterday last night we discovered she responded more to sounds than her bouncer and gym which she hates right now lol she tolerates a rattle on her wrist but she loves listening to music. She was kicking and jigging along to it. She detests dubstep though you have to skip past any of that before she notices lol.

She's and mylar been looking at faces and having real smiles it feels like ones made with concentration rather than by accident.

She's also been finding her voice as her name is so simple it really sounds life she's been shouting her name out!

Her brother has been more annoying. We knew we had to address his attitude and his sense on entitlement but we had been putting it off due to our losses and my health issues but it came to a head today. His fall back excuse is how he's heing bullied at school but that's no excuse for not lifting a finger in the house. Time to do chores and not send all day on your arse doing what you want to do!

So decided to try and do something about this baby weight so I went walking.... well 4 hours later (with a few breaks for feeding both me and Anya) I made it home! 2 very public bf. One time a man said I was really good with her and he's proud I chose to breastfeed I nearly cried. It was so so hot though I bathed Anya when I got home she really loves the bath and being changed she loves being clean a right little lady! I got a mad rash and had to go in a cold shower to stop my legs swelling my hayfrver has come bak with a vengeance. I was hospitalised twice when I was younger with it one for swollen eyes one for closed airways never had hives with it before!
My pelvis now hates me and is mega stiff and my bobs refuse to fill up with milk. Grr I'm on fenugreek 2 3x a day every bit of fluid smells like it lol. My boobs feel like they are shrinking already I'm worried the heat is making me dry up! Wish we had a fill line on our boobs lol. Is it boreal they don't go as hard as they used to they seem a lot more floppy and empty than the used to? They used to go rock hard in the morning when I woke up now not so much :???:
Anya giggled for the first time yesterday too at absolutely nothing lol but it must have tickled her!
Back out for a walk tomorrow but not aa far I think. The pain from my pelvis is up as high as it's ever been like it's entering my belly rather than the bones in my pelvis.

I think you were super cute Nikki!!

Well done on managing the walk but take it easy. I'm sure you'll bounce back in no time with breastfeeding too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back