Any1 else find huggies newborn nappies a bit of a let down?

Mrsyogibear

Reaction score
I stocked up on nappies when i was pregnant, bought huggies & pampers as i liked huggies better with dd1 and pampers better with dd2.

Most the nappies i bought were pampers but i bought a couple packets huggies newborn size 1 and a box of huggies newborn size 2 aswell.

I was using pampers for past week and for the past 3days ive used the huggies.
The pampers one i found fine and even though he weed a lot they never leaked.
The huggies past 2night i've had to change his babygrow, vest and bedding 3 times both nights. round the legs the seem really gappy and big even though it says they are for 4-11lbs and ds is 8lbs 12oz

I herd others saying the leaked but my sister said she didnt have any probs with them. but def round the legs they are massive for newborn so im guessing they are leaking pee out the sides.

I bought a 92 box in size 2 from asda when i was pregnant but dont have the recept (sp) would they swap them for a box of pampers instead?

I think from now on i'll stick to pampers, cos the huggies are too big round the legs and really gappy which causes them to leak, either that or they are not good fit on ds?

anyone else found this with huggies?

I had the same until size 3 I had to use cheap ones but id take them they should swap them altho I had same problem with both pampered and huggies, my kids have skinny long legs

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

I duno if it was coz of the nappies but we always use pampers and the time we used huggies harrison cried constantly untill we put pampers back on!! Odd!!
xxx

Lol that is weird. i was really dissapointed with the huggies, both nights 3 times they leaked and he was changed 2-3hours each time. god knows what they would have been like on any longer :eek:

Same here, I found huggies dreadful!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

do you think you can take them back to the shop the unopened box if i dont have reciept?

Yep - Huggies leaked for my LO too! Will definitely not be buying them again! :mad::mad:

I put a pampers nappy on ds and that leaked too :eek: although the past week i used them they didnt :s
the huggies leaked pretty much everytime x

Pampers were rubbish on Henry, he is a huggies boy. Not had any problems with them. A few poo explosions but to be fair I don't think any nappy could've contained!!

i hated huggies, i found them leaky and bad, pampers smell like wee which i dont like much, i use asda little angels and think theyre pretty good and i also use washable cloth nappies which may leak if left on too long but dont smell and are cheaper than buying lots of nappies.

i hated huggies, i found them leaky and bad, pampers smell like wee which i dont like much, i use asda little angels and think theyre pretty good and i also use washable cloth nappies which may leak if left on too long but dont smell and are cheaper than buying lots of nappies.

I found exactly the same! Huggies were gapey around her legs, which meant that she had pooplosions all over the place and wet as well!
Pampers fit brilliantly - but they smelt really chemically!
I started to use boots size 1 and Tesco size 1. They are much better - and cheaper too! Lol!

i have noticed the pampers smell a bit like wee too.
ive never tried any own brands, whats the best ones.
Ive loads of pampers stocked up in the cupboard lol only thing i dont like is the weird smell

hey hun

i stocked up on mainly huggies too and found them a big let down!! i took them back to my local sainsburys and swapped them for pampers without my receipt!!

i kept a pack of size 2 though as i bought 2 big boxes of size 2 from asda which i cant take back to sainsburys as they dont sell the boxes and asda wont exchange without receipt, since we moved into size 2's huggies have been great and i really like them again it must just be when the use size 1s and they have sparrow legs and they dont fit properly :) x

We've had exactly the same issue with Huggies, hubby had to make an emergency dash to Tesco, they were so bad! Really gappy on the legs, everything just ran straight out, yuk! We've tried a few brands, Pampers etc, but we've found the Tesco's own to be the best fit, quite chuffed about that though as they're a good price, hurray!

Had the same issue with Huggies only bought them because there was no pampers in my local shop and for 3 nights my son woke up socked through. I will not be using again waste of money and made a lot more washing.x

Na i dont have any probelems with huggies may be you should change the size of it and then see if it leaks or not!

I like huggies, i like pampers, not a fan of tescos own, next to try the little angels x

Na i dont have any probelems with huggies may be you should change the size of it and then see if it leaks or not!

Well im using the smallest size and they are massive round the legs so cant use anything smaller. i dont think they are a good fit on ds either that or they are rubbish lol

I like huggies, i like pampers, not a fan of tescos own, next to try the little angels x

maybe huggies are better for girls?

Huggies for us have been a let down full stop! The only ones I have actually liked in including the feel and quality are pampers. I've tried boots and tesco and they just haven't been anywhere as nice IMO :) x

Mum of Owen. Born 11/7/11 @ 19.17pm weighing 7lb 12 oz :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back