Any top tips for weaning?

Bella2

Reaction score
Still have a month or so before we will start weaning Grace but been thinking about it and want to get a bit organised particulary as I will be starting back at work around the same time! Does anyone have any top tips at all? ie best foods/what equipment I need/how I get started? Also any recommendations on a good book? Planning on going the traditional route with purees rather than BLW. Luckily only going back 2 days a week so will still have time to commit to getting her started, quite excited to see how she gets on x x

We've let Grace sit in her highchair and play with a spoon, she very good at putting it in her mouth now.
I also read yesterday that they find it easier to digest orange vegetables before green ones. Think it's good to start with breakfast and work your way up the day sticking to one type of food for a few days do you can check if anything doesn't agree

that's a good idea sitting her in her highchair and practising with a spoon, only problem is we haven't bought our highchair yet! Hopefully going to get one this weekend x x

I found it really useful when preparing dinner or doing washing up as she's at worktop level so can see everything that goes on and I can get everything done that I needed to in the kitchen

Great idea! I normally put Grace in her bouncer chair so something higher up would be ideal x

I invested in some ice cube trays and storage pots, that way i could batch cook and freeze.

I went slowly intosucing breakfast, then after a week or so lunch, then after another week dinner.

I got some soft tipped silicone spoons i think the tomee tipee ones.

I experimented with different fruit and veg and both iykwim.....

Apple and parsnip puree was a fave
Pear and apple
Sweet potato and parsnip
Broccoli and potato etc etc

Good luck!

Ooo a plastic sheet for under the highchair or sometimes i used old newspaper so i cpuld scoop up and throw away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back