Any tips on turning breech babies

mrs_tommo22

Reaction score
Im 28 weeks gone nearly and was told at a recent scan that shes breech! any tips on turning her?
I have been bouncing on my excercise ball like mad, but is it working? I used to be a student midwife but all my knowledge has turned to fluff withthis pregnancy!

At 28 weeks it is likey your LO will turn by itself, however floor scrubbing position, not slouching in a sofa and sleeping on your left side are all things that can help. My Lo was breech for ages and I was really worried, but she turned and I didnt even notice, at about 35 weeks.

I thought ass much!good thing i already sleep on my left side! well i may scrub the floor to see if anything happens lol

Go on all fours (hands and kees) and rock backwards and forwards. Do it for about 20 mins a day.

That's what I was told to do for DD and it got her turned around :)

My little one this time round is breech also at the moment. I must get started on the rocking lol.

no I don't know the exact moment when she turned. I just know that the next time I went to my midwife appointment she confirmed that she was no longer breech.

It's kinda hard to tell what's going on there though - they wriggle and kick so darned much it just feels like acrobatics most of the time anyway!

Well just do the rocking and then see at your next midwife appointment if it's helped :)

I wouldn't worry just yet though hun your little one has plenty of time to turn :)

mine was breech at 33 weeks, for the next 2 weeks i sat up str8, leant forward and did some hands&knees stuff, i felt her move loads and really thought she'd turned but at 35 weeks she was STILL breech lol :roll:
so after my efforts hadnt worked i stopped trying as much, and at 36 weeks was told she seems to hav turned! i didnt feel it! got a presentation scan on fri to confirm whether or not she has. but it looks hopeful! and i was losing hope getting to 35 weeks!
u got ages left :hug:

I agree with Trixipaws in that you do have quite a while yet for the baby to turn.

My LO has been breech, head down, breech and now head down again. I didn't feel any big movements for any of the change of positions. I do feel a lot more comfortable now he's head down again though.

Hang in there, LO may just decide to turn of his own accord before long.

:hug:

Mine turned about 31 weeks, and midwife thinks he'll stay now as he is quite low down. I was convinced he was still breech as bump was really hard under my ribs, but apparently he has a hard bum!

I slept on my left hand side and sat on the birthing ball in the evening. but don't worry - there is still tonnes of time.

my little boy has always been head down so hopin he will stay that way!
i have heard that putting a cold bag of peas or somethin on your tum can get em to move cos they try and get away to a warmer spot....dunno if thats good to do? probably check with midwife...don't wanna freeze the little one too much!

godbless

lisa xxxx

Thanks ladies, i probably am panicking over nothing! but with my first baby I didnt really think about it!
But i guess with watching all these bloomin baby programmes and seeing all these breech babies born by section i am like YIKES!!!!

Well il let you know if i get to 35 weeks and she hasnt turned, but...she should do :wink:

Ifshe dont il just poke her till she does!

Hi

Hope LO turns for you hun :hug: still got loads of time to
Katrina

I think what ot is i cant remember if stephen was breech! but i know once i had got to 35 weeks that he was ok!
Im guna stop getting wound up about it, like you said i have loads of time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back