Any successful pregnancys following miscarriage / Chem pregnancy at 5 weeks ?

Aries29

Reaction score
I was overjoyed tons I was pregnant , 3 positives , 2 days late for period
The 3rd day over my period due date. I bled :(

Been through every emotion known to man , dr suspects very early miscarriage / chemical pregnancy and offered reassurances ( I was around 5 weeks )

I have a son who is 10 this year ( my 1st ever pregnancy ) , never had std/Sri/ or abortion , I don't smoke and never have, I am generally healthy etc

This was only my 2nd pregnancy ( 1st ever loss)

I'm in the mindset though that , although it's a loss , in a way it was like training for my body . Hopefully the next time around it'll know what to do and hang on to my little precious gift.

Has anyone else managed to conceive following an early loss under 6 weeks ? And how long did it take ?

I had a MC at six weeks, got pregnant three months later, but had a mmc at 11+4, then got pregnant four weeks later resulting in my now 21m old daughter. Unfortunately 1 in 3 pregnancies end in MC, it's not your fault xxxx

Miscarriage is really common, sadly.
I am no doctor or health professional, but you still have a great chance of having a healthy pregnancy. Always remember that. Take the time to heal and then if it's right to try again, try again.
You did nothing wrong and you also have a lovely healthy boy, who is living proof that you can carry a baby :)
Good luck and look after yourself!
X

Plus, although anything could still happen, I had a miscarriage at about 5 weeks, but I am not sure exactly as I didn't even know I was pregnant, I have a healthy bean growing inside of me and I NEVER thought that would happen, especially after trying for over a year after my mc.
Hoping it stays healthy, but proof that it's possible! Xx

Thanks ladies

The dr didn't really help all the much to be fair .
He just took my temp which was high 37.3 and told me to go home and Go to a and e if I felt unwell

Didn't check my blood pressure or pulse
Didn't send me for a scan to check all the pregnancy had been expelled
Didn't do a pregnancy test
Didn't do hormonal blood checks to search for an answer

Basically did my temp and told me to go home and keep trying :-(

Oh yeah , and I'm not entitled to any fertility treatment at all, no supplements , clinics or hormonal injections or ivf ( I know I'm fearing the worst here)

Because I already have a 10 year old , so I'm hoping I can get pregnant again naturally as that's my only choice

My sister has 4 kids , all single pregnancys and all with clomid, she was never refused fertility treatment on nhs , it's a bit unfair but I just keep praying I'll catch again

They won't normally do any testing until you've had three mcs in a row. Unfortunately, as early MC is very common a lot of Drs don't deal with it with much compassion. Did they tell you to take another test in a couple of weeks to check the levels have gone down? You shouldn't need any fertility treatment so don't worry about that just yet. I had my third MC in December (but still not entitled to tests as my daughter was in the middle) and am now 6+4 again! I had a bit of bleeding so had a scan at my epau on Friday and all looks good so I'm trying to stay positive this time. I hope you fall again when you're ready and wish you the best of luck xxx

Following this thread, I had an early miscarriage 2 years ago, been trying again since then, finally got a bfp then another miscarriage a few weeks later. I'm hopeful it's a good sign I can get pregnant in the first place, i have endometriosis and doctors say the battle is getting pregnant and it's not anything to do with the miscarriages though I suspect it might do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back