Wishing the early weeks of my pregnancy away!

Sproglett

Reaction score
I know that sounds awful, I had a mmc in Nov 2010, followed by an ectopic in May 2011 and then a miscarriage in Sep 2011, I'm now 9w+2 by my scan last monday (or 9w+6 by my LMP) but i really want the first 12 weeks done and dusted so i can start enjoying my pregnancy and building a bond with baby. My mmc was at 11w+3 we had the slightest bleed ever (and i mean slight) and my dh wanted me to be checked out (me thinking nothing of it or that i might be spotting etc didn't want to waste the time of the staff in A&E, but thats where we ended up) the staff then booked me for an emergency early scan the next day where baby was as clear as anything on the screen, but had no heart beat, after 2 1/2 weeks of torture, i finally miscarried (i had the option to have a d&c but i wanted it to happen naturally). we finally plucked up the courage to try again and had a bleed at 6w, we were sent for an early scan but nothing was visable, we had bloods and went back 48 hrs later for more bloods (they were rising) after 2 more scans + an internal scan which showed nothing and several more blood tests, i was sent for an exploratopry laperoscope at 9w and they found an ectopic pregnancy on my right tube and removed the baby and part of my tube. In september we then had another BFP, then to start bleeding the following day, this time i only needed the one scan as it was confirmed i had lost the baby. Well we got another BFP on 31/12/11 and i have been petrified since that i may lose the baby, I've had 3 early scans (the 1st they saw nothing and thought i might be ectopic again, the second baby was in the right place and strong hb and the third was because i had a bleed, baby still in the right place with a strong hb) but i still just want to get past the 12 week mark!

Hey hun,

I totally, totally understand and I know most people find tri 1 scary and worrying - even without having had prior losses?

You are not wishing away your whole pregnancy - just a little bit of it LOL!

I think you need to take each day at a time and I hope when you get to Tri 2 you can finally begin to relax a little and enjoy being pregnant. Not too much longer to go

xxxxxxxxx

Yay got my scan date 1/3/12 just 3 weeks to go

Great news!!! I completely understand where you are coming from. At the moment I'm pretending I'm not pregnant, it's easier then in case of the worst.
Congratulations on your bfp though and have a happy and healthy 9 months x

Ah I hate tri 1 to be honest!

I think after your mc's its totally natural to feel worried and anxious but you have a little heart beat-which is fantastic! Sending lots of positive vibes to you!

My 6-7wk scan is on Saturday, if all goes well I'm going to book a 9wk scan. I'm feeling positive because worrying won't get me anywhere and because I'm having an early one I'll know rather than waiting till 12 weeks like last time.

I hope everything goes well,sounds like it is :pompom:

Good luck on your upcoming scans ladies - keep us posted

xxxxxxxxx

Hi hun. I have wished the whole of first tri away & i am now 13wks +3 & wishing this 2nd tri away too.
I think onec i am in tri 3 then it will feel ( real) to me. It's horriblw isnt it hun but you have a little heart beat so thats brilliant news. It's easier said than done to relax - you cant when you have had a loss before its only normal too feel this way.

I had two late losses at 12 &14wks & my next scan is next tuesday - i have been using a doppler to keep me reassured. I am scanned every 2wks till 14kw scan & right now it seems to be going well!

I wish you the very best for this pregnancy hun lots of love.

xx

Good luck for your scan sweetie.

I think after several losses, it's completely natural to wish tri 1 away. I actually didn't relax with this pregnancy until after my 20 week scan and found it difficult to talk to anyone about the pregnancy until then (except on here) so I think you sound like you're doing wonderfully hon xxxxx

Hi Sproglett, good luck with your scan today - hope it all goes well, I'll be thinking of you xxx

set

Scan went well, baby measured 12w+4, now due 9th September :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back