Any success stories after early spotting?

kra0

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I found out I was preg 2 days ago but I'm only 4 weeks. Af was due yesterday the 13th and on the 11th my cm had a pinky colour. On the 12th there was a little more but only sometimes when I wiped and yesterday and today its turned brown and again is only there sometimes when I wipe. I had a few short cramps on 11th but they weren't painful and were more like a pinching. I've been to my GP as I had a mmc in Sept but she said to relax for now. I'm scared its going the same way as last time. The spotting is nothing like my period xx

Will they not send you for bloods hun? To see if your HCG levels are rising?

Early pregnancy is just a horrible waiting game sadly, I often think that the docs are reluctant to investigate and take a wait and see approach in the early days.

It could be implantation bleeding this early on. Or some other unexplained bleeding which is unconnected to the pregnancy so don't necessarily think the worst just yet.

You could try and see if your HCG is increasing using HPTs but that might cause you even more stress. I'm sorry you have this worry already but try and stay calm and not stress. You can't change the outcome at this stage so you just have to hope and pray the bean is sticking and making itself comfortable.

Fingers toes and everything else crossed for a sticky bean for you hun. xx

Fx crossed everything is ok hon and this is a sticky bean.

TORino is right about the waiting game - sadly there is nothing we or the docs can do in the early days.

But thought I would let you know that that after 2 mmcs, this time round I got bleeding the day I went to the docs to confirm pregnancy at around 5+4. It was bright red and so both the doc and I thought the worse. She told me to wait and do another pregnancy test at 6 weeks and if it was still positive she would send me for a scan but not to be too hopeful. Well I was still getting BFPs, went to the scan and sure enough there was my little cub! I continued to spot until after 8 weeks but after every scan, he was still growing perfectly!

Maybe do a pregnancy test in a week and then when you get to 6 weeks see if your doc will send you for an early scan. Fx it's all perfect for you sweetie and just one of those pregnancy things as opposed to anything to worry about xxxxx

Thanks for your replies ladies, its never a nice thing to talk about! Unfortunately my doctors don't do the bloods to test my levels but my GP, the lovely lady that she is told me to phone her if there's anymore and to phone also if there's not. What's coming out now is brown not pink so I'm guessing its old stuff left over. She is going to send me to the epu at 6 weeks for an early scan and has told me to do a test each week but not to get obsessed lol. So looks like it is just a waiting game! Xx

Good luck hon. Sounds like your doctor is very attentive xxxxx

Fingers crossed Keira.

As long as it is spotting / old blood and you are not in pain I would try not to worry (easier said than done I know!)

I hope it all works out for you

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
:hugs: i hope everythng is ok sweety

Fingers crossed for you! It's good that you have a kind GP. I spotted with brown, some of it quite dark, for as many as 10 days around week 5-6 and it was all OK - I didn't even know I was PG then, so at least I didn't stress out. I hope it all goes well for you x

Hope your ok hun and that the spotting has stopped xxx

It seems to have stopped! And today I did a CB digi and I'm getting 3+ after getting 2-3 on fri. Hopefully that's a good sign :) xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

It seems to have stopped! And today I did a CB digi and I'm getting 3+ after getting 2-3 on fri. Hopefully that's a good sign :) xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Sounds like an excellent sign to me sweetie!

xxxxxxxxxx

this all sounds great for you Keira! everything crossed! xxx

Thanks again for all your lovely comments ladies, your support is brilliant xx

Hiya i am a student midwife and i just wanted to reassure you that most women get a small amount of spotting in the very early weeks. it can be for a number of reasons including a slight bleed as the embryo implants in to the wall of the womb or it can be a small breakthorough bleed when you would usually have a period. Nothing to worry about! i hope your pregnancy is going well!! :hugs:

hey hun just seen this! hope all is ok sweety, lots of girls have spotted and gone on tohave healthy bubs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back