• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any other ladies pregnant and planning a wedding??

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
I have been engaged since last october, getting married september 1st and fell pregnant 9 weeks ago. Im starting to think I was a little bit silly as I didnt realise how tough this first trimester is and I have LOADS of stuff to do still for the wedding. I was meant to be taking my MIL-to -be for her outfit tonight and finish off the gift list at John Lewis but there is about as much chance of that as me going and swimming the Channel naked right now!!
I am stressing that I havent got everything done but dont have the energy to do it, and dont get me started on how much Im worrying about going for my dress fitting this week with the size of the melons that have erupted from my chest!!!
Is anyone else in the same boat or has been in the same boat so I dont feel as stupid as I do??!

Me! I'm getting married on dec 22nd and will be about 7 months gone :roll:

Luckily I've organised most of ours with the help of oh!

A lot of mine is organised too. Its just the stuff left now seems so big but I think thats just cos im so tired!
What are you doing about a dress?

me! i'm getting married in 3 weeks time and i'll be 32 weeks, dont know how i'll cope on the day i'm just so tired all the time, which is why i'm leaving work as early as possible!

I am worried about the tiredness too. Iam going to announce the pregnancy at the wedding though as I will be 13 weeks then so hopefully everyone will be understanding if Im tired and noone will be trying to buy me drinks! Im a bit sad that I cant have lots of champagne and stuff at my wedding but I wouldnt change it for the world. Im just keeping everything crossed that they can adjust my dress ok because I fell in love with it and dont know what I will do if they cant let it out enough. :(
I am ok everywhere else, its just my boobs! I cant even squash em down cos they are really hard!

They will be able to alter the dress dont worry. I found out I was pg one week after we got married so was lucky really. My boobs exploded too the only good thing is they dont seem to have got any bigger since they did in the first few weeks. So if yours are like that you will be ok for the dress fittings a couple of weeks before the wedding. Main thing - dont stress yourself -just delegate!!!!

ella said:
They will be able to alter the dress dont worry. I found out I was pg one week after we got married so was lucky really. My boobs exploded too the only good thing is they dont seem to have got any bigger since they did in the first few weeks. So if yours are like that you will be ok for the dress fittings a couple of weeks before the wedding. Main thing - dont stress yourself -just delegate!!!!

Thanks Ella - you have made me feel better. :hug:
My boobs havent got any bigger either since the first couple of weeks so hopefully they wont increase again before the wedding.
I am trying to delegate - Im just not very good at it!! :doh:

aww girls i just wanted to say good luck to all of you who will be pregnant when your getting married. try not to stress too much , I got married at 33 weeks and it was very tiring and we only had a small wedding. your guests wont expect you to be as energetic as you would be if you wernt pregnant so dont worry and most of all enjoy your day. :hug: :D

you'll be fine hun, and what a wonderful time to announce your pregnancy :D

Aww you should have a great day at least you wont be too far gone and can get a normal wedding dress.
I got married at 7 and half months and was very tired. Still waiting for my honeymoon 4 years later, I think kids will be sending me away :rotfl:

It is very stressful arranging a wedding when preg, I had to change my arrangements 3 times and ended up with hardly anyone there apart from close family and friends as people got so mixed up with dates, All because i had pre eclamsia? (sp) And she still stayed in my tum till 10 days early from dues date.

Oh well im sure you will have a great time after everything is arranged, Try and enjoy your day hopefully the weather will cheer up for your pictures
:hug:

Thanks for all your support ladies! I am really excited about getting married and announcing the imminent new arrival - just pretty stressed too. Its gonna be a big affair - 80 guests in the day and about 150 for the evening and I have 6 bridesmaids too! So its taking a lot to organise it all - today I remembered that I forgot to order name cards for the tables so god knows what else I have forgotten with this useless pregnant brain of mine.!
It will all come out in the wash though I guess, as my gran used to say! I will try and post some pics of the big day to show you all once Im back from my honeymoon.

i was 6months gone when we got married,i found i was pregnant a week after i'd chosen my dream dress n had to go n cancel it!
the day was great but it was very tiring and if i could do it again i def wouldnt b preg it just isnt the same but i wouldnt change it for anything now!

i was due to be getting married, but weve moved the wedding, as were going to maldives for honeymoon as its been my life long dream, and we wouldnt be able to if i was far into pregnancy. so were now getting married in NOV 08... seems ages away :?

good luck to you all though, must be hard work!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back