Getting married and pregnant

Stacyt

Reaction score
Hi Girls, I have a huge dilema. I have been planning my wedding in August for the last few months and have only just found out that I am 12 weeks pregnant. I have my dream dress and am so worried that I won't fit into it I am thinking of bringing the date forward to June. I am so stressed at the moment and just don't know what to do. If I leave the wedding in August then I will be 6 months gone. Do you think I will be that big? I am 3 months now and am not even showing!
CHeers Sx :!:

Trust me, by six months you will be a lot bigger! Maybe you could get your dress altered a little? It's amazing how much your baby grows in the second trimester, but you may be able to compromise, and bring it into July, and alter the dress a little..Can you talk to a dress maker, or maybe get your mum's advice, or get another friend who's had a baby to help you? It's quite a dilemma, but congratulations on a double celebratoin!! I hope everything goes well for you...remember not to get too stressed out planning the wedding though, because you need to stay calm and centered. Good luck! :D

many thanks ukwahine. have just got back from the doctors and in fact I am only 8 weeks gone and not 12 as I thought I was. I gave the nurse the the wrong date of my last period yesterday so I think that the wedding will be OK. I will only be 5 months so hopefully not too big!
Take care sx

well keep us posted on how things are going...great news..hopefully you'll get the best of both worlds...Best of luck, in a great wedding, and an uneventful pregnancy!
ukwahine

Hiya,
I'm in the same boat in 23 Due on 19th November and getting married July 9th. I also have my wedding dress but luckily its a couple of layers so it can be altered somehow. I'm a member of another chat board and many women say i probably wont show that much a 5 months just a slight bump.
Im slim but ive gained weight already on my tummy i really cant see that i wont be huge by then, but we will see! I was also worried about nerves ont he day and not being able to drink alcohol but im sure evrything will be fine. Hope yours goes well to!
Cathrine :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back