any more scans after 20 weeks any one

I don't feel to lucky having extra scans i'd rather lead a normal healthy pregnancy with need of no more scans x

Some ladies are getting extra scans as standard in their hospitals, not because of problems, I think that was what was meant.

I have had loads of scans, 3 private ones at 7,11 and 29 weeks. And so far 4 nhs ones, 8 weeks emergency one, 12, 20 and 28 weeks. The 28 week nhs one is a growth scan and I have another at 35 weeks, due to being under consultant care. Xx

Im under consultant care so am having growth scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks but think the 20 week scan is usually the last one (or at least it is in our area). x

I wish we had so many in our area! I've had millions of scans but mostly private. I've had a scan at 5 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 10 weeks, 12 weeks, 13 weeks, 16 weeks, and 20 weeks!! I've gotten so used to seeing baba regularly that it's killing me not seeing him/her again for ages!!
I'm going to get a private one at 28 weeks roughly, I think, possibly 4D, but after that I'm not sure if I get NHS ones although I am booked in for something at 34 weeks but I'm not sure if that's a scan or consultant appointment? My next mw appt is at 28 weeks so I'll need to ask then xx

Last edited:
I just can't believe how much it varies from area to area! How can the NHS be so different depending on where you live?!
I have my 32 week scan today but it's completely routine and has been booked in for months, but others that live in Kent aren't being offered this. I can't understand how some hospitals feel that it is important and others don't! They really should regulate procedures! x

No you don't get another scan after 20 weeks unless theres a reason.
I didnt even have 20week scans with my girls.
this time after 20weeks i had a scan @ 28weeks due to spotting, one yesterday @ 33weeks due to measuring bigger and will get another in a few weeks cos my baby is breech.

this time after 20weeks i had a scan @ 28weeks due to spotting, one yesterday @ 33weeks due to measuring bigger and will get another in a few weeks cos my baby is breech.

As said by others, it varies vastly from area to area. I think it's pretty routine for everyone to get a scan at 20 weeks, as this is when anomalies are detected.

I've had 3 extra since 20 weeks as I was under consultant care as baby was measuring big, everything is great and was great to see lil man and was also able to double confirm he's a boy, but as someone has said it was a bit annoying having so many extra appoints, had to have gtt and questioned on my diet Grrrr but all ok now and he will scan again if I get to may lol

As said by others, it varies vastly from area to area. I think it's pretty routine for everyone to get a scan at 20 weeks, as this is when anomalies are detected.

When i was pregnant with my girls ages 5 & 8 they didnt do 20week scans in scotland at all. it was just 1 scan around 12weeks. they have just started doing 20week scans here about 3years ago

I'm under consultant led care for my disability but they've not mentioned extra scans!, Seeing them again at 28weeks so maybe they will mention it then! x

I get growth scans at 28. 32 and 36 weeks because I am diabetic when pregnant. My hospital only do the 12 ans 20 as far as I know for low risk pregnancies x

If you have extra scans at 28 weeks and 36 weeks does that mean that the hospital think you are a high risk pregnancy?

Last edited:
If you have extra scans at 28 weeks and 36 weeks does that mean that the hospital think you are a high risk pregnancy?

It depends on what the reason for having the scans are.
i had a scan at 28weeks cos i had spotting, had one at 33weeks cos im measuring big (baby is a good weight) and will prob have another at 36-37weeks due to baby being breech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back