any ideas?

bearsmummy

Reaction score
Hi :)
I've been having really frequant braxton hicks the past two days, they aren't regular but they last about a minute and i've had a lot more discharge then usual (sorry tmi) Any one have any idea if this is normal?
xxx

I think that what you are experiencing is quite normal, your body is preparing itself :)

As this is my first I don't know for sure honey, but I think it is normal like rosies mummy says, as long as they're not painful and regular so you can time them its ok. As ever though if it worrys or concerns you give your MW a bell for reassuance, its what shes there for xx

Sounds normal to me hun - could be an day now! With my first i had really painful bh for a week before - i even managed to break the toilet seat hoping about so much! Are you all set for your new arrival - you must be super excited x

Thank you all for the replys!!
I am really excited!! I can't wait i just want her here now!! I have been wandering around since monday trying to get things started haha.
Had no success :(
I have pretty much everything, mothercare may have attacked my debit card again today. Whooopsy!!
But it was all needed things....Honest :p
xx

Ooh mothercare, where would we be without it lol. I've some nipple cream that gets great reviews online that i need to go to mothercare asap and buy and put in my hospital bag, I was also tempted to buy some smaller babygrows or something for my hospital bag, because everything i've got is 7lbs - 10lbs and i was worried they may be too big, but reading my ticker today i'm not so sure it wouldn't be a waste of money now, what do you think? Did you buy anything exciting in mothercare? I hope things get moving for you soon. I happy for my little man to arrive anytime after i've hit 37 weeks too, i'll go mad i think if i end up going 3 weeks overdue, but I suppose whatevers best for him is fine with me x

aww it's not long for us now meeah! i can't wait to see your little girl. and mothercare shopping sprees are always needed! my mw told me if your waters break in there you get like a year supply of free baby stuff! so go there more often in the next few weeks ;) i will be!! xx

Yea sounds normal Hun :D and yea mothercare is great I have £200 saved for a shopping spree soon :-D

Katiejane.
I went mad buying 0-3 month clothes earlier in my pregnancy then realised i needed new born so i brought some new born clothes too they arent meant to last very long but i'm apparently only having a teeny baby anyway. I would get some new born clothes if i were you :)
From mothercare i bought a bath seat thing for baba rather then a baby bath, a changing mat to keep downstairs, an impression kit for her hands and feet andddd some wipes as they had a realllly good offer on the bulk packs. Only i'm taking the impression kit back today cos it wasnt what i thought it was going to be at all and cost me £16. Slight rip off there i feel.

Ria i know!!! I'm so excited!!! Have you felt any niggles yet? Do you know if baba is engaging?

Evie i love shopping sprees at mothercare too and i tend to save some money before i got each time

xxx

aw that impression kit sounded like it would've been good. maybe have a look around on ebay! i think you've deffo got everything now! well i can't think of anything you're missing..

aww Riley is in right position but he needs to drop a bit more! so on the lookout for a birthing ball hehe. no niggles as of yet though.. he kicked me SO hard in my stomach other day though, i must've been leaning on him weird lmao!

how about you how are the braxton hicks coming along?

xxx

Last edited:
i want to get a different one because this one wasn't very nice so i'm going to take it back and look what other ones they have!
My braxton hicks are pretty much all day everyday now and she's started engaging so i'm hoping she comes a bit early :)
xxx

aww well those signs deffo sound like she's going to make an appearence anytime soon now! do you think you're prepared enough? i don't really know what that means as i don't think anyone would be prepared for labour, but that's what people keep asking me! lol xx

Lol I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Haha I just want her here now. Xxx

I hope she doesn't keep you waiting too much longer, and i'm glad you feel ready. Well like you say as ready as you'll ever be! What size new born did you get, all the baby clothes in my hospital bag are a mothercare set, it was one of the first things we bought are newborn size, but thats 7lbs - 10lbs, they do, because tiny baby is up to 7lbs. But I think he's probably going to be bigger than that so i'm sure i'm worrying over nothing Lol x

I only ever had one tiny baby thing And my kids never fit into it lol x

I think they're all 7lbs plus. If she's any smaller my mum will have to go and get some smaller clothes :) xxx

Yeah thats what i've been told, stop worrying, if the clothes are two big my OH or one set of the parents can pop out. You've made me feel a bit better about it now, i'll stick to what i've got LOL x

Lol knowing our luck if we bought anything teeny it wouldn't get used xx

Ooh great tip having had two kids buy some newborn booties and if the baby grows are too long stick them on babys feet it looks cute and sAves money in the long run x z x

Ahh thanks evie for the advice!!!! That's a really good tip xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back