Ok, how do you tell the difference...

Lulabell

Reaction score
...between waters and normal discharge? I sit up inbed and feel a trickle coming out (sorry tmi) and my undies are all wet. Not soaked through. It's clear and watery. I've not lost any plug or had any show yet as far as I'm aware. Periods pains have increased but not had much in the way of braxton hicks. Baby has quietened down over past two days too. Think I'm just getting my hopes up after all the babies popping this past week.xx

It could be your waters hun, When i had that scare i told them there was no blood etc but they still thought it was waters, call up the delivery suite and tell them they will probably leave it an hour and see if any more comes away and then you may need to go up to be checked. They won't want to leave you incase it is waters and you get an infection xx

I've had it a few times over past couple of days. Will keep an eye on it. Thanks.xx

I've had this too, spoke to midwife and she said as long as it still has a sort of thickness, stickyness to it its not your waters.. if that makes sense lol :S xx

Mine is really watery. If it happens again then I'll speak to midwife.x

Does it smell? Waters are clear but sickly semen smell to them.

No doesn't smell bad. Smells kinda sweet in a way? Completely clear and very watery.x

put a pad on and keep it there hun, then if it continues ring the mw or hosp and they will want to check the pad to see what it is

I've had this today too, with a constant period type pain, and loads of BH.
Don't know what it is, I'm just gonna hold out and monitor it and see what happens. Xx

It was a trickle for me like you described.
I had no idea if it was my waters or not as not much came out but when I got examined in the hospital it was definitely my waters. I had a pee on the toilet and after the pee, a little bit of water trickled out and it happened again about an hour after when I had another pee, that's how it was for me :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back