Any good stretch mark creams out there?

Sarah13

Reaction score
Ok so I don't have any stretch marks yet but I thought I would get into putting creams on just now to prepare my skin. Last time I was pregnant I used a butter stick from body shop which worked well but that was 15 years ago so more worried my skin might not be so good at stretching this time round! Anyone recommend anything that's worked well for them?

Sorry to disappoint but if you are going to get stretch marks you are going to get them no matter what you rub into your skin! The creams have no effect its actually the massage that helps prepare the skin. Works best if you do it in a vigorous circular motion. But at the end of the day if they are coming they are coming. Anything with Vitamin E in it will help to fade them to silver quicker though xx

I have been using oil and moisturier I didst get any with my first 5 years ago this time I have started getting them and I am using cream none stop abd still getting them. X x

Last time I used Palmers Coco Butter and this time I'm using L'Occitane Mum & Baby Balm http://uk.loccitane.com/FO/Organic-Mum-Baby-Balm,p01BB050K1.htm which my sister bought me! I know they say nothing helps and if you're going to get them then thats that but I just think that if I do all I can and I still get them then I know I was going to get them no matter what whereas if I didn't try then I think I'd always wonder. I didn't get any stretch marks last time so I'm praying this time will be the same.

I'm using the palmers Cocoa Butter. So far I only have 3 small stretch marks on my right hip! :) x

I was recommended almond oil by my friend and have been using it whenever I remember, it's been amazing and so far haven't got any stretch marks - my midwife said my belly skin was "amazing" so it must be doing something!!!

Like everyone's said, if you're going to get them, you're going to get them, no amount of oil or cream will stop it, but if there's any chance it helps - it's worth a go!

x

bio oil is menat to be the best and even if u do end up getting them it helps them fadealittle its a bit dearer though x

Thanks everyone, I'll give some of these a go, fingers crossed I won't get them this time either!

ive been using bio oil & palmers stretch mark cream and only have a couple on my boob and my hip!

I have been using an aromatherapy blend I made myself and I drink 2ltr of water a day - so far I have no new ones from this pregnancy.

When I had my son 11 years ago tho I was covered in them and some of them were still so deep they did not fade to thin lines.

I recommend anything your massage into your skin that is high in Vit E and to drink plenty of water as hydrating your skin improves elastisity(sp)

xx

So far I don't have any and have been using bio oil religiously!

Also been drinking lots of water.

Oh might have to try drinking lots of water too!

First time around with son I use to put a few drips of bio oil in the bath n soak it up lol, this time I got that avent dry oil spray, love the smell n easy to use x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back