Any change in NHS care if you get BFP after MC?

Fela

Reaction score
I found out at my 8 week scan that I'd had a missed miscarriage. I'm curious, when I hopefully get pregnant again, will there be any difference in the NHS care I'lll get? Will I get seen sooner? Get my pregnancy or HCG levels checked? Anything like that?

This time I found out i'd mc before I even met my midwife....

Hi hun.

Very sorry for your loss

If it is your first mc then it is unlikely that you will get any extra tests or scans.

I didn't get anything until I'd had my third miscarriage and then was offered early scans for my next pregnancy.

You could see your gp to ask for bloods to check hcg levels next time but not all GPS will.

Sadly mc is so common, that they simply don't have the resources to offer extra care and monitoring to everyone who goes through a loss.

You could always get a private scan for reassurance?

XX

Sorry for your loss lovely.

I got my bfp about 6 months after my loss but nothing really changed. She asked if I was happy to have it put in my notes and asked if it was natural etc. But I didn't get anything 'extra', no scans or blood tests etc. I think you need to have at least 2 or 3 before they'll do anything.

If you've had 2 you might be able to ask for an earlier scan. But unfortunately the resources just aren't there and there's so little they can do.

Best of luck for the future though x

So sorry for your loss hun :hug:

My GP gave me hcg bloods this pregnancy after 2 early losses but I actually think that was more due to it being an IVF pregnancy and my anxiety being through the roof. He never offered me an earlier scan though!

As Emily said you could ask your GP for bloods, no harm in asking. And pay for an early scan!

I hope it happens again soon for you xx

Sorry for your loss sweet.

I didn't get anything extra until my 3rd either. Even after my 5th my GPs refused hcg level testing. So I think it depends on your area/gp.

We just paid to have private scans done early until I was referred to the mc clinic.

As said previously mc are very common and you'll most likely have a healthy pregnancy next time. Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back