Any bakers?

Ceebump

Reaction score
Anyone got any yummy cake recipes as would like to make my brother a special one for his 18th :)
Maybe a chocolate fudge or somthing yummy and gooey :)

There is a beautiful chocolate cake recipe on here that I think Hunnie posted ages ago. I use it all the time, it's so lush and moist and just gorgeous. Hold on!

Chocolate and Hazelnut Cake

100g plain flour
20g cocoa powder
140g caster sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
40g butter (at room temp.)
120 ml whole milk
1 egg
120g hazlenut and chocolate spread (eg. nutella)
36 whole shelled hazlenuts to decorate

Makes 12.

Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C, Gas mark 3

Put the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter in an electric mixer (or handheld electric whisk) and beat on a slow speed until you get a sandy consistency and everything is combined.

Slowly pour the milk into the flour mixture, beating well until all the ingredients are well mixed. Add the egg and beat well (scrape any unmixed ingredients from the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula)

Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until 2/3 full and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the sponge bounces back when touched. Leave the cupcakes to cool slightly in the tray before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.

When the cupcakes are cold, hollow out a small section in the centre of each one and fill with a dollop of the chocolate spread.

FOR THE FROSTING

250g icing sugar, sifted
80g unsalted butter at room temp.
25ml whole milk
80g hazelnut and chocolate spread.

Beat the icing sugar and butter together in a freestanding electric mixer or with a handheld electric whisk on medium-slow speed until the mixture comes together and is well mixed. Turn the mixer down to a slower speed. Slowly pour in the milk, then when it is all incorporated, turn the mixer up to high speed. Continue beating until the frosting is light and fluffy, at least 5 minutes. The longer the frosting is beaten, the fluffier and lighter it becomes.

Stir in the hazelnut and chocolate spread by hand until evenly mixed into the frosting. When the cupcakes are cold, spoon the frosting on top and finish with 3 hazelnuts per cake.

I've made two really big cakes of this now and I tripled the mixture but you could make a good sized cake by doubling it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back