Cake recipe ideas pleasey!!

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
Its James's 1st birthday in 3 weeks and I want to make some cakes for his party. :D

Im thinking little ones rather than a big one and Im open to any ideas - choccie, or fairy cakes or whatever.

Im a complete novice in the cake making department so will welcome any ideas and recipes please!!!

Thank you!
:hug:

Jade&Evie said:
Kid's Cakes Recipes

I like the colourful butterfly cakes :D

Oo cheers for the link hun!

They do look ace!! Doubt my creations will look like that though...more mutant butterflies!! :lol: But I think I will try em cos they look so yummy :D

I thank you Jade for the link too....... They look yummy, I can't wait to try them out when I move in to my new house :cheer:

Hi Jen, I love baking and I'm always making cakes, thought I'd share what I do :)

Chocolate muffins:
5oz self raising flour
5oz caster sugar
5oz butter/marge (soft, I find Stork in the tub works well)
2 medium eggs
1tbs of cocoa powder
250g cooking chocolate chips (you can get these in Asda or any supermarkets near the cake stuff)

1. Preheat the oven to 250C/500F/Gas 9.
2. Beat the butter, with an electric mixer or a wooden spoon, until soft. Add the sugar and continue to cream until you have a light, fluffy mixture. Add the egg a little at a time. Beat well after each addition. If it looks as if it is curdling, add a spoonful of the sifted flour with the egg.
3. Add the cocoa and chocolate chips, blitz to combine.
4. Put 6 muffin cases into a cake tin and spoon the mixture into each of the cases.
5. Place the muffins in the oven and bake for (approx) 12 minutes, or until risen and cooked through.
6. Remove the muffins from the oven and leave to cool before lifting the muffins out of the tin.
7. Decorate according to taste and theme.

The same for normal muffins only leave the cocoa out, I suppose they're tasty, they disappear rather quickly :lol:

The easiest way to make a normal sponge cake is by weighing the eggs. So you weigh the eggs (with shells) and put in the same amount of baking margarine, caster sugar and self raising flour. Usually I add some vanilla essence too. For a good sized cake you would want about 6 eggs probably. The mixture should drop off a spoon - if it's too thick add some warm water (not milk as this makes it too stodgy). You can make wee sponge cakes with this recipe too - between 2 and 4 eggs depending on how many you want.

Have you got a theme jen ??? im doing shortbread jungle animals to go with ours and for the cake ive had to get 2 ( 2 parties ) 1 is a jungle themed cake kit , normal spong , the other is a picture chocolate cake , its got the theme design on it and a pic of leland born and now ! and is the loot bags its all animal themed too ( ivhttp://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum ... t=108901#e ocd when it comes to things matching :roll: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back