Any advice...

JoD

Reaction score
I'm currently going through a miscarriage, I understand that both the emotional and physical pain I'm feeling at the mo must be normal.

However over the past 48hrs I've fainted 3 times each time followed straight away by being vigorously sick... is this just another symptom of miscarriage?

I'm booked in on monday for an ERPC, although I wouldn't describe my bleeding at present as heavy there is quite a bit, since this morning I've passed alot of little clots. I'm now thinking that there is a chance it may all pass through by then? Will they scan me again before the op? I don't like the thought of going through a GA unecessarily if all has passed by then.

Also anyone else find the consultants so heartless? I could barely understand what he was saying for a start, and it was as I was just booking in for a routine op of little importance. I was just told a time to arrive on monday morning had a medical briefing of all that could go wrong and sent away. I dont know what else I was expecting though really.

I'd call a and e hon cos I'm not sure that the fainting is normal - might be nothing at all to worry about but I think u should get checked over.

Hug hon cos I've had a mc and it's awful - here if u need us x x x

Hi Karen, thanks hun. I called NHS direct as I was concerned. I've been told if the fainting comes on again to go straight to A&E or if the bleeding becomes very heavy, and that I should rest. I've been out doing things or standing for long periods when I've been passing out and being sick, but I need to keep busy. If I sit in the house I just cry.

I'm now passing lumps of grey tissue, can anyone give me an idea of how long from now it will be before the miscarriage will be complete? x

Oh lovely - u should be at the worst point now if passing tissue. After that it will be like a clotty period and the pain should be massively reduced. Glad u got some advice from NHS direct - def take it easy and hope ur ok xx x

Hun I did EXACTLY the same thing, poor OH had to scoop me up cos I passed out as I projectile vomited everywhere. Luckily I was int he bathroom at the time. That was the night I'd found out I had an mmc and 12 hours after taking the first tablet. They told me it wasn't related to the mc but for me I'm sure it was even it was the combination of hormones treatment and the raging emotions that day involved. 3 times is a lot though hun, just make sure you aren't alone. My OH was supposed to go into work the next day and he phoned in to get a compassionate leave cos he didn't want to leave me alone in case it happened again. I know you feel that you need to keep busy but your body needs you to rest, its going through a lot and needs to deal with it. :hug: hun, so sorry you are going through it xx

Hi dyscochick, I think fainting and sickness was due to my hormones, shock of news etc.
Hearing from other ladies like yourself and Karen has been a support to me... thank you. Hopefully in time when I can figure out how I'm feeling and accepted whats happened I'll be in a position to help others likewise.

I was in agony this morning, went to the hospital and they sent me home with some strong painkillers. I didn't end up taking them as on leaving the hospital I felt it come away. Baby has definatley come out followed by clots and then a lump of grey tissue. After this the pain just stopped.

I called the hospital when I got home to inform them as I'm booked in for ERPC tomorrow, but they advise I should still come in and have the op.... not sure how I feel about that, my bleeding has slowed down so surely its all out.

Jo, the shock plus pregnancy hormones could do that, and thats what I put mine down too.

EPRC will clear everything out. talk to them when you get there and I'm sure they won't make you go through an anaesthetics unnecessarily but they might scan you and check its all gone. Glad the hospital gave you something and glad the pain eased. Stay strong hun, :hug: You will in time get on top of whats happened, it took me longer than I realised, both physically and mentally to pick myself up but i still get sad 4-5 mnths on. Had a teary day yesterday over it all, and felt silly but thats just the way it is and OH doesn't really understand but accepts that some days its harder to cope with. take care of you xxx

I didn't have the op, I spoke to them again when I went in. I just didn't feel it was right to interviene when my body seemed to be doing what it was supposed to. I was told I may bleed for longer and have to go for a scan a week friday to check all has passed. My bleeding is light at the mo and I'm sure all that should of has come out but will go for the scan to check.

I can't put into words how I feel emotionally but I'm confident both hubby and I will get over it. I want to try again as soon as I can. Why is it recomended to wait for one period first? The more I look into it, the more conflicting info I come across x

I didn't have the op, I spoke to them again when I went in. I just didn't feel it was right to interviene when my body seemed to be doing what it was supposed to. I was told I may bleed for longer and have to go for a scan a week friday to check all has passed. My bleeding is light at the mo and I'm sure all that should of has come out but will go for the scan to check.

I can't put into words how I feel emotionally but I'm confident both hubby and I will get over it. I want to try again as soon as I can. Why is it recomended to wait for one period first? The more I look into it, the more conflicting info I come across x

I am so glad you didn't have to have the op sweetie! At least that is something.

Personally I would wait one cycle - this is to allow your body time to get back in synch but also helps with furture dating etc.

I have been pregnant two months in a row (Mid Sept and then End of Oct) and both ended in M/c at around 5 weeks.. :shock:

Last edited:
Thanks hun, think I'm going to wait a bit. Get christmas and new year out the way and see how we both feel then. I fell pregnant after 4 months of trying so hopefully sometime next year will be again. We've both got hols owing from work so going to take a break, relax and regain our strength. x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back