No Periods After D&C...Advice Needed!

babywishes14

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to this forum so please bare with me! I have been a guest viewer for a while but thought I'd join the community.

I'm looking for some advice please.

I had a blighted ovum and found out at my 12 week scan, and had a D&C/ERPC on 25th August. I was told after the surgery that it was succesful with no complications, although I had no follow-up appts.

Since then though I have had NO periods, and no signs of it arriving either. I had no bleeding after the op, and no bleeding since either apart from 2-3 weeks of mucus with blood mixed in (which I've read can be normal). This was in October.

But nothing since then. :roll:

I have been to my GP, but they have said they will not do anything until 6 months has passed but I am desperate to start a family and I feel I am getting no where.

Has anyone else experienced an incredibly long wait for a period after D&C?

Also, does anyone know of any herbal remedies that might 'kick-start' my body?

Any advice would be welcome, thank you x

Last edited:
Hi!

I didn't have a D&C but I did have a blighted ovum at 12 weeks too and passed naturally.
My cycles were really long before cd90-102 days but sometimes 30-40 days.

My mc was same day as you, I had spotting for 14 days from 17th Aug then period on nov 23rd which is great considering I was irregular before. I take:
1500 mg of Angus castus daily to ovulation (you can take it throughout but stop if you become pg) this aids cycle regulation
2000mg of evening primrose oil until ovulation, helps pms, cervical fluid
vitB complex- aids leuthal hormone phase I take throughout cycle
Royal jelly - promotes strong uterus and eggs throughout cycle
Folic acid & omega 3 mother to be vitamins
Raspberry leaf capsules-until Ov only as this can cause contractions
Baby aspirin from Ov to AF promotes blood circulation to uterus and good research about preventing further mc

Sorry for your loss. Try this perhaps? It's definately working for me, I take all my supplements with breakfast now. My doctor said not to visit until jan if I didn't have AF but I have since but still that's such a long time. Considering others have their cycles return to normal I think a lack of AF suggests our bodies need a helping hand!

Good luck x

Hi!

I didn't have a D&C but I did have a blighted ovum at 12 weeks too and passed naturally.
My cycles were really long before cd90-102 days but sometimes 30-40 days.

My mc was same day as you, I had spotting for 14 days from 17th Aug then period on nov 23rd which is great considering I was irregular before. I take:
1500 mg of Angus castus daily to ovulation (you can take it throughout but stop if you become pg) this aids cycle regulation
2000mg of evening primrose oil until ovulation, helps pms, cervical fluid
vitB complex- aids leuthal hormone phase I take throughout cycle
Royal jelly - promotes strong uterus and eggs throughout cycle
Folic acid & omega 3 mother to be vitamins
Raspberry leaf capsules-until Ov only as this can cause contractions
Baby aspirin from Ov to AF promotes blood circulation to uterus and good research about preventing further mc

Sorry for your loss. Try this perhaps? It's definately working for me, I take all my supplements with breakfast now. My doctor said not to visit until jan if I didn't have AF but I have since but still that's such a long time. Considering others have their cycles return to normal I think a lack of AF suggests our bodies need a helping hand!

Good luck x

Thank you, that's really helpful. I might go out tomorrow and get some Angus Castus to try.

Just getting really fed up and down with it all now as expected AF to return shortly after D&C as I have always had very regular cycles.

Just wish my GP was more willing to help :(

xx

Last edited:
Yeah I find the same with my doc, I was at my wits end but then AF turned up out of the blue with no period pains. Agnus castus I really rely on now, I have upped my dose to 1500mg daily then past where I think I should Ov I take it down to 500mg a day just to see f it will shorten my cycle a bit more.

You could get pg again before AF shows up too. I had a period in feb and a BFP in July!

It's disheartening with the doctors lack of urgency to help us but AC is good for balancing out hormones. X

hey hun, i had a 10 week wait after my last D&C before AF finally came, went to the docs and they said the same, wont do anything for 6 months, it turned up in the end, but they did check my bloods to see if there was something going on with hormones but all came back normal. my first period was just brown spotting then i got another 4 weeks later, they told me sometimes when the scrape away alot of the lining it can take a while to build back up, thats why my first AF was just brown spotting.

Sorry you are having this horrible wait :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back