Anxiety...

shootingstar22

Reaction score
...cant stand these anxiety attacks that I keep having. They only really hit me at night, and they make me feel like in going to die. I hate how it makes me distant myself from my daughter and how it makes me feel like I can't be tested with her. It's makes me cross...I know that a lot of it is down to hormones, but j don't like it and it's hard tonconvince myself that this happens to others. I don't want to die, nor live without my daughter or husband...but it's hard to shake these feelings of dread.

Please someone tell me that they have had similiar problems, an that they will go with time? 5 days in to beig a mum an I akready feel like I'm failing.

Oh hun, can't say i've been through it that bad but have felt guilty and useless a lot. Keep talking to your oh or someone else if youcan't befrank with him... Bottling it up will make it worse.
Sending you big :hugs: it will get easier i promise x

I've had panic attacks on and off for 12 years. I'm ALOT better now, they do get better. The best thing I was ever told is that you can't die of panic, nothing bad will happen to you. I now cope very well using deep breathing and distraction. I had mild anti depressants at one point (sertraline 50mg), that really helped with my attacks, I don't take them now and rarely have attacks. Positive thinking, exercise and healthy eating helps, take care hun xxx

Hi hun, Like above, Ive had anxiety since I was a child. Def got worse in pregnancy, and way worse post natal. I also have post natal depression though. As both were bad, Im on antidepressants, 30mg citalopram a day. These keep it at bay...ish.
But yes, it has def improved over time for me. I know right now, it prob doesnt feel that way though. Mine is always worse at night too, which sucks because its quiet, everyones sleeping and u r stuck with ur own mind. Just remember, ur still very early post natal. Do talk to ur midwife or someone about how ur feeling tho. It could be the baby blues takin anxiety form in u, so cud pass as quick as it came! Just keep an eye. My anxiety was quite literally paralysing post natal, but really has improved. Hope ur ok hun xx

I've had panic attacks on and off for 12 years. I'm ALOT better now, they do get better. The best thing I was ever told is that you can't die of panic, nothing bad will happen to you. I now cope very well using deep breathing and distraction. I had mild anti depressants at one point (sertraline 50mg), that really helped with my attacks, I don't take them now and rarely have attacks. Positive thinking, exercise and healthy eating helps, take care hun xxx

Yeah I suffered from panic attacks a few years ago..but thy stopped a few months before I fell pregnant (so when I stopped the pill). They have now started up again and I think it's because I am tired and because I had a c-section...I'm worried of complications and what not I think. In the day I am fine...it's always the evenings that they make an appearance. Just can't stand feeling like this...I know it's an attack but it's hard to remember that an not that in dying of something. Pathetic I know, but I can't help it. Would love to be normalfor a change.
X

Hi hun, Like above, Ive had anxiety since I was a child. Def got worse in pregnancy, and way worse post natal. I also have post natal depression though. As both were bad, Im on antidepressants, 30mg citalopram a day. These keep it at bay...ish.
But yes, it has def improved over time for me. I know right now, it prob doesnt feel that way though. Mine is always worse at night too, which sucks because its quiet, everyones sleeping and u r stuck with ur own mind. Just remember, ur still very early post natal. Do talk to ur midwife or someone about how ur feeling tho. It could be the baby blues takin anxiety form in u, so cud pass as quick as it came! Just keep an eye. My anxiety was quite literally paralysing post natal, but really has improved. Hope ur ok hun xx

Citalopram was the one I was on, but then I had a reaction to it and that made me go funny about any medication-funny how the anxiety med made me worse! Lol

Do you get the feeling very sick, out of body feeling, urge to do something and the constant need to fidget-I tend to bounce my legs. I also can stand the smell of food and feel sick and hot and startto feel dizzy.

I'll probs be fine in the morning, like nothing happened. I just had hoped I had got past all the attacks...makes me feel like I could go crazy.

It will get better, lots of people suffer with this anxiety. You have to tell your health visitor though, as support. They dot judge you, they look out for people that suffer with these feelings. In a week your hormones settle down. You feel really edgy for the first week or 2, it gets more like normal life after this. Xxx

Yup to the feelin sick. Heart on overtime. See, I do the opposite, if I panic, I go rigid. That's how my bf realises. I don't like ppl knowing about it, so he learnt how to read the signals for during the day. I give one syllable responses, stare at one spot, and don't move coz when I'm doig that I'm kinda doin an internal monologue (like scrubs but a lot less funny!) trying to calm myself down.
It's true, in the morning u will feel better. I'll lie here at night freaking te hell out, and the next morning I can be bemused about it, knowing how bloody irrational it is, but also knowing it will prob happen again with a few days, and even then I know it's irrational, but can't control it
Lives a bitch lol
Xx

Yup to the feelin sick. Heart on overtime. See, I do the opposite, if I panic, I go rigid. That's how my bf realises. I don't like ppl knowing about it, so he learnt how to read the signals for during the day. I give one syllable responses, stare at one spot, and don't move coz when I'm doig that I'm kinda doin an internal monologue (like scrubs but a lot less funny!) trying to calm myself down.
It's true, in the morning u will feel better. I'll lie here at night freaking te hell out, and the next morning I can be bemused about it, knowing how bloody irrational it is, but also knowing it will prob happen again with a few days, and even then I know it's irrational, but can't control it
Lives a bitch lol
Xx

Ohhh exactly the same. In front of my husband I wil bounce my leg or dart pacing. But when it happens in font of others then I go very stiff and I dont respond other than a yes or no. Uually I'm not responding because I think I'm gonna puke everywhere. Usually after a good sleep I am ok.

I have calmed down now, still a little on edge but thats cos i need to sleep.

I suffered awfully from anxiety attacks after having charley but mine were due to PND. Every time charley woke up from a nap, my heart would start going and I'd start panicking cos it meant I had to look after him again. The best way I got over it was to talk to someone so even if you feel silly have a chat with someone even if it means coming on here!
It will get better hun x x

Your not alone!! I suffered from anxiety after my son was born, I was terrified something was going to happen to him & MIL did things with him that I wasn't comfortable with, which made my anxiety worse! I saw my gp, who didn't want me to have medication so he sent me for cbt therapy and it really helped. I was fine until I got pregnant again!!
I'm having loads of panic attacks, feeling like I'm going to die at night and if you mention MIL to me, my anxiety kicks off!!
Talk to your gp or health visitor they won't judge you, lots of people suffer with anxiety.
I've seen my gp and I'm waiting for more therapy.
I hope your feeling a little better :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back