Anti depressants in pregnancy, has anyone been on them??

Jaidy

Reaction score
Il try and keep this brief as my main post is here:-

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102910

I came off my anti depressants (cipralex) at 12 weeks of pregnancy and im really starting to struggle being off them, and I mean really struggle. Ive been on them for over 10 years on and off so I know my boundaries.

I just wanted to know if any of you ladies had taken anti depressants whilst pregnant, if so which, and if they caused any problems to your baby in the womb, or after birth?

I have an appt with a consultant next week to discuss medication, but I could really do with some advice/experiences from other mums who may have been in this situation.

Thank you so so much for reading.

hi am on anti-depressents now i was given them at 17 weeks they are def one what are safe in preg as my g.p and my consultant have both told me the one iam taking is called dosulepin and also i have a bleed around the baby so i doubt if they was something what can go wrong i wouldnt have been given them dont think thats helps but that is one name of tabs u can have :)

Im on fluoxitine, just onh my second course but hopefully will be weaning myself off them after this course, ive been told its very common for pg ladies to take this :hug:

I also took fluoxetine while pregnant! The main worry with them is if you take them up to the end of the pregnancy, baby may have withdrawal symptoms from them! I made sure I stopped them again in my last tri!

I was on fluoxetine when pregnant with Cally. She seems normal enough lol. I weaned off them before 3rd tri but had to go back on them a few months after

I was on 100mg setraline and 50mg trazodone. My psychiatrist told me to stop trazodone but setraline was safe, however I stopped both of them. I found it difficult towards the end of the pregnancy but I refused to take them until Aimee was born. 2 days after having Aimee my midwife had arranged for me to get back on my meds which meant I couldn't breastfeed like I had wanted to.

It is alright to take certain anti-depressants during pregnancy, but I choose for myself to stop them. Discuss your options with your doctor, they may change them to a different type that is safe during pregnancy. You must do whatever make you feel better. Thinking back I should have took my medication again when things got really bad but luckily I had my parents and my partner keeping a close eye on me.

JoAnn&Aimee said:
Discuss your options with your doctor, they may change them to a different type that is safe during pregnancy. .
Thats what my doc did! I usually take Escitalopram which cant be taken suring pregnancy or BF so switched to Fluoxetine which helped a little but not completely (as I need anti anxiety ones) so had to switch back to my normal pills after Lola-Mae was born!

Hi I have been on citalapram for 5 years and took them all through my pregnancy. Little Louie is now 2 weeks old and all is fine

xxx

:hug: sorry your feeling so crap, I have no advice as i have never been in a situation like this :hug: Hope u get better soon and sort something out :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back