Anti- D

hayley_17

Reaction score
Im 28 weeks & im rhesus negative... im having my first injection of anti- d on thursday. im really nervous because i hate needles!!

I'd really like to hear from anyone who has had an injection of it because i heard its really painful and gets injected in the top of your bum :?

Hope everyone is okies :D Thanks in advance 4 the help!! :D

Hayley xx

Hi hun my OH sister had this and said it wasnt nice! but i think you only have to have a couple and thats it and at least if its going in your bum you cant see the needle!

heya, thanks 4 replying!!

yeh i have 2 have one at 28 weeks & one at 34 weeks. after the baby is born they will see what his blood type is aswell and if hes positive then i have to have another one up to 72 hours after he is born!

yeh i suppose your right... at least i wont be able to see the injection!!

hayley xx

Hi Hayley

I have had anti d after my first two pregnancies and it's not too bad :fib:lol ,I had mine in my thigh though xx

hiya, well im preparing myself for the worst... a very sore injection in my thigh area :? im dreading having it done... have to have blood taken aswell... i will have an awful day on thursday :(
hayley xx

Hi i had to have three during my pregancy (Car crash) but i had mine in my arm it did hurt but it went away after a bit, you have two during pregancy and then one after you gave birth.

Hiya,

I'm also Rhesus neg and I had to have the scan a few weeks go as I bled a bit (everything ok though) and I had mine in my arm...my hospital said they don't do them in the bum or leg anymore, they go into the arm!! (maybe this is just my hospital though!)

I won't lie though... it bloody hurt!! I'm not looking forward to my next ones! :(
My arm was stiff and sore all day after :roll:

I think it has a different reaction with everybody though!

Sorry!!

you dont have 2 be sorry!! i really just wanted to no what to expect!! im really hoping that they do it in the arm, would much prefer it!! :D

hopefully all places are the same, im in germany and they do things alot different so fingers crossed they do it in the arm!! over here they dont even do gas & air, which was what i wanted for my pain relief in labour!!

hayley xx

They don't do gas and air???? What do they expect you to do then.

apparently they dont believe in gas and air so they havent got a license 2 use it!! they are big believers in alternative pain relief- massage, aromatherapy... stuff like that!!

i was going to ask for an epidural instead but i heard that you can suffer really bad headaches afterwards & i suffer from migraines anyways so i thought it might be worse??

i dont know what pain relief im going to use now!! lol

Oh MY, What about pertherdain??? (sorry if not spelt right)

yeh i think they do that... they dont recommend it though!! the main ones they recommend are epidural and then the alternative ones!! they are quite strange here!!

i dont have to take anything to the hospital 4 the baby either... :D they provide everything!! they are firm believers in rest for you so they offer to take the baby to the nursey 2 let you rest as much as you want! i think the hospitals here are so much better than in england!

hayley xx

HI I HAD MY ANTI JAB LAST WEEK AND TOO BE HONEST IT WAS OK STUNG ALITTLE BUT IT WAS ONLY A TINY JAB ( IN MY BUM) BUT YOU CAN HAVE IT IN THE TOP OF YOUR THIGH I THINK. ,MY MIDWIFE TOLD ME THAT THEY DONT DO IT IN THE ARM MUCH AS THERE IS LESS FAT AND WOULD HURT MORE.
I'M NOT VERY GOOD WITH NEEDLES BUT IF I CAN SAY IT WAS OK THEN YOU'LL BE FINE.
GOOD LUCK X

hayley next time i have a baby can i come stay with u or if u bck here can we go stay wit some friends u have made over there for 9 monthsd???

yeh i spose it will be alrite :D im jus getting really nervous about it... :? i think it shud be ok though!!

lol yeh sarah next time u have a baby you can come here!! the germans really take good care of u... ive been told that its better than english hospitals... bt ive never been in one so i dnt no lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back