anti D

Nicola g

Reaction score
tommorow. Not looking forward but needs must be :roll:

:hug:

I have mine in a couple of weeks...is it just one jab?

I had my first one a few weeks back. It did sting a bit!

It's 3 in all I think.

Worst thing is having it in your arse - dignity outta the window then :oops: :?

it's not that bad... sort of feels like deep heat being rubbed on your ass lol

i had 2... one emergency one at 23 weeks and one the day after he was born.

It's for pregnant women who have a rhesus negative blood type. I'm O RH Negative. Something to do with possibility that our babies might be RH positive, where our bodies would develop antibodies against their blood.

My surgery did mine in my arm- they would have had more to aim for if they had went for my back side :rotfl:

I had one at 28 weeks and have another at 34 weeks.
It stang me quite a bit :(
But is more essential as it's my second. Just had to have the one jab with my first. (She has the same blood type as me so I didn't need one when she was born)

The last lot I had was in my arm and it hurt more there than in the top of my leg but it has to be done :)

I had bloods taken at 28 weeks and found that I didn't need it.. something to do with antibodies, so I didn't need one then or at 36 weeks.

monster_munch said:
Just had to have the one jab with my first. (She has the same blood type as me so I didn't need one when she was born)

Ryan was a+ to my a- so I had to have it after I had him.

The emergency one I had to have at about 23 weeks was because I got pushed over pretty badly onto my bump while I got caught in the middle of a fight at the pub I was working at.

had an emergency one...so much better in the butt than arm!!!! :moon:

I've had two so far, got both of them in my bum :shock: They do sting a little but it's not that bad! Don't worry, you'll be fine :D

I have mine in 2 days... but nobody told me I had to have more than 1 shot :shock: :shock: :shock:

have mine in 2 days... but nobody told me I had to have more than 1 shot

i have one at 28 weeks then 34 weeks...although not sure i need the 28 week one now as i had emergency one at 20 weeks after a small bleed?? Seeing MW today so she should let me know? :think:

UmmAli said:
I have mine in 2 days... but nobody told me I had to have more than 1 shot :shock: :shock: :shock:

I had the 1st one at 28 weeks then the 2nd at 34 weeks and if baby's blood group is +, I will have to have another one within 72 hours of his birth. Not sure if it's the same for everyone though.

well in i goes and im sat there for half an hour, getting fed up by now so goes looking for the midwife, she'd only sent me to the wrong hospital!

Have to wait till next wednesday now. i really just wanted it over and done with!

ah well.

Nicola g said:
well in i goes and im sat there for half an hour, getting fed up by now so goes looking for the midwife, she'd only sent me to the wrong hospital!

Have to wait till next wednesday now. i really just wanted it over and done with!

ah well.

oh no that happens to me quite often, more so with blood tests though, your be fine mate, like I said have it in the top of ya bum and its nothing... arm hurts :talkhand: :talkhand:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back