anti-d injection for rhesus blood?

lotus

Reaction score
I have been offerred this injection as I am A rhesus negative. Has anyone had it, what does it involve and are there any side effects?
Why do i have to go to the hospital for it and not midwife?
I know why I have to have it, but want to know where it goes, how long does it take etc. Does it hurt etc (i am OK with needles, is it simply a metter of a quick injection? If so, why bother going to hospital?) The midwife made it sound like a big deal and didnt answer my questions properly.
Thanks.

Hi hun i am the same blood type as you and i had my anti d at 28 and 34 weeks and will have another after the birth,not sure why they do it at the hospital but i had mine there to,they inject it in to the top of your arm and it does hurt a little bit when they push the stuff in but it's not too bad. I had no side effects but had to hang around for 15 minutes just to make sure that i was ok :D xx

Yeah, basically as Nikki says, tis a little bit stingy but all for a good cause!

hi yea in the area i used to live they gave it me twice in the pregnancy and once after the birth but in this area you just get it once after the birth, but they give it in your bum round here and it stings but isnt too bad

but luckily i dont have to go to the hospital either its done in our doctors by the midwife

yeah ive got to have one of those two. im not worried though as there are no side affects to me or baby. you will be fine, at least nowadays they can do something about our funny bloodgroup.

omg im going for that on the 13th dec :S
I heard they do it at the top of ur bum?
lol this blood type is rare apparently :(

my midwife told me it had to be done before hand because when you give birth the bloods mix and form antibodies havin the injections prevents that?

Becks_again said:
omg im going for that on the 13th dec :S
I heard they do it at the top of ur bum?
lol this blood type is rare apparently :(

No you don't get it in your bum, you get it in your arm, it stings a little but nothing to be worried about!

lauramumof2 said:
i only got it after the birth.

I only got if after the birth with my first two babies and they used to do it in your thigh :D xx

im not sure of the details about it either, but ive got to have it at 30 weeks as im the same blood type as you. so just so you know you're not alone :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back