Anti Biotics and yellow teeth???

Daniel's Mummy

Reaction score
Daniel had tonsilitis last week an ended up in hospital it got that bad (having taking him to the doctor's 3 times :evil: ) anyway they gave him strong anti biotics and he is better now but he has got yellow teeth. Would this be from the anti biotics and is there anything apart from brushing them I can do to get them white again?

Daniel's Mummy said:
Daniel had tonsilitis last week an ended up in hospital it got that bad (having taking him to the doctor's 3 times :evil: ) anyway they gave him strong anti biotics and he is better now but he has got yellow teeth. Would this be from the anti biotics and is there anything apart from brushing them I can do to get them white again?

This isnt exactly the same but i went to the doctors and asked to go on antibiotics and was told that as i am breastfeeding, if i was to take them it would give baby yellow teeth so sounds like that is the cause if he took them. Not sure what the cure is though maybe go to doctors and ask.xx

Thanks ReggiesMummy, that sounds similar. I have been brushing his teeth as often as I can (sometimes 4 times a day as he likes doing it anyway!) and it does seem to be getting a bit better. I might pop into baby clinic next week and see what the health visitor says. It looks like I don't look after him :oops: but i do!

Daniel's Mummy said:
Thanks ReggiesMummy, that sounds similar. I have been brushing his teeth as often as I can (sometimes 4 times a day as he likes doing it anyway!) and it does seem to be getting a bit better. I might pop into baby clinic next week and see what the health visitor says. It looks like I don't look after him :oops: but i do!

Its weird isnt it! When the doctor told me i thought 'yeah right she's just trying to stop me taking anything' but obviously it is true! Yeah the HVs would probably know im sure they get this all the time dont worry :hug: xx

Hannah has tosulitus at the min hun and hers are going yellow with the medication but usually if you brush every day it does go away

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back