Anti-biotics and cough medicines...

ruthiestar

Reaction score
Well, I am off work with a hacking cough, dizzy head and cold I just can't shift! I've had it for about 3 weeks now, every time I go back to work, I catch it off someone else!! Not happy..

I was wondering what you ladies have been taking for similar problems? My fiance tried buying cough medicine yesterday but it being Sunday, there were no pharmacists on to ask for advice....

I am going to the Dr's later but really needed cough medicine before then! Ive pulled all the muscles in my tummy coughing and I'm sure the baby is getting annoyed now as it kicks me every time I cough! lol xx

I have had cavonia it is heaven, not nice taste but really works, you can give it to 1 year olds aswell so not as strong as i thought it was, pharmasist said it was fine for me to take, also lempsips, strepsils and baby snuffle on my chest. I have found alot of things that say consult your doctor advice is normally fine but when it says do not take when pregnant i stay clear. so always read the labels

I have been told not to have strepsils or lemsips whilst pregnant x

I was told the opposite about lemsip, a midwife said as long as I don't take any other paracetamol products they're fine. And just the normal lemsips.......You get so much conflicting advice

x

I was just going to say that i was told they were fine, but i know every doctor/midwife/pharmasist is different, best bet would be do what you want/think is safe. So many things can cause harm and be normal and with some cases the benefits can outweigh the problem but other situations its better to just put up.

I think the reason you shouldnt take lemsip is because it contains ephidrine which works as a decongestant but its dangerous for pregnant women. Looks on labels to see which stuff has ephidrine in it and avoid if poss x

I think the reason you shouldnt take lemsip is because it contains ephidrine which works as a decongestant but its dangerous for pregnant women. Looks on labels to see which stuff has ephidrine in it and avoid if poss x

Yeah some types of lemsips have psuedo - ephidrine but the original lempsip doesn't. The fancy ones do lol.
And things like sudofed etc have psuedo ephidrine.

X x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back