Anterior Placenta any info??

mummynmummy2b

Reaction score
Hey, Just had my 20 Week scan on Friday and found out we're joining Team Pink!! Was determind we were going to stay green but caved at the last minute! Anyways.... I found out i had an anterior placenta which i kinda suspected because only just started feeling movement in week 20 and it was much higher than with my 1st.

Has anyone else got one and if so did your midwife tell you whether it has any implications for your pregnancy/birth etc. Dont seem my MW till 28 weeks now and dont want to scare myslef on google!!

I wasnt told whether my placenta is high or low.

xx

Aw congratulations!!! Fab news! I don't know much about anterior placentas.. I know a couple of people on here have one too so hopefully they'll be along soon to help you out :)

Yay team pink! x I have an anterior placenta and mw just said to expect to feel bubba later than I'd otherwise expect to but that's it x

I've had them with my last two. They are very common and there are no implications with an anterior placenta. Low lying placentas anterior OR posterior are monitored but most move up away from the cervix during the course of the pregnancy :)

i have one 2. i never got told i did. the only reason i know is because i saw it on my scan results report. so it cant be something to worry about if they never mentioned it

Yeah i've got one too and have been told its all completely normal like MM said if its low then it can be a problem but they would have said if it was as you would need futher scans x Congrats on team pink

Oh yes and they say you may feel movement later too but I felt my 2nd baby from 15 wks and my 3rd from 17 both anterior so it can vary :)

Phew! Thanks guys! Was concerned that it would cause baby to be back to back xx

Congrats on your little girl!

I've an anterior placenta too :)

I can only feel baby moving really low down in my tummy, at my left side and for the past couple of days I swear i've felt him/her higher up...

I think the only problem you can get with having an anterior placenta is if you have a c section and it so happens to be in the place where they make the incision, although you'll be in an op theatre surrounded by medical staff so shouldn't be a problem.

iv just read on my scan info i have one but im already getting light flutterings so im not to bothered

Congrats on team pink, I have an anterior placenta too and the MW told me it wont be a problem as its not low

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back