Ante natal labour class today

Sherlock

Reaction score
This was the one for hubby and I to attend together. The joys of labour, pain relief, breathing techniques and just about every other thing you can think of.

Hubby's favourite part of this class....

Best moment of the antenatal class: "I haven't finished knitting the uterus yet..."

Second best moment(s) of the antenatal class: The repeated assurances that the baby wouldn't just fall out

Yeah I was giggling also. Ever seen a leg warmer used as the uterus? Nope me neither till today. Baby doll stuffed inside at one end and popped out the other!

So that's how it works :lol: :shock:

Sherlock said:
Best moment of the antenatal class: "I haven't finished knitting the uterus yet..."

Second best moment(s) of the antenatal class: The repeated assurances that the baby wouldn't just fall out

Yeah I was giggling also. Ever seen a leg warmer used as the uterus? Nope me neither till today. Baby doll stuffed inside at one end and popped out the other!

So that's how it works :lol: :shock:

He he, at ours it was a knitted hot water bottle cover, with a hairband for a closed cervix, and inside a baby wrapped in a plastic sandwich bag - brilliant!

Glad to see the NHS have pulled out all the stops for their teaching resources!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I have mine on Monday...don't think it's about birth...still looking forward to a good laugh now I've read this tho!!!! :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:
the NHS really is strapped for cash if thats what they use for demonstrations

at least it was amusing and you enjoyed it :lol:

:rotfl:
We had something similar too...the funny part was when the midwifes bag fell off the table and all these knitted boobs fell out! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The blokes were all like :shock:

She SAID she had been doing a breastfeeding workshop... :rotfl:

At my breastfeeding workshop yesterday they had splashed out on dolls to practise positions with and a model boob made of material that had a removable cover that showed the ducts inside, and an adjustable nipple that could be changed from an inverted to an outy :lol:

It's no wonder the labour wards are short staffed, all the midwives must be at home knitting boobs and uteruses :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back