Antenatal

Two

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to this board as I found out on Monday that I am pregnant for the first time - YAY! I have an Antenatal appointment on Thursday - what will happen? I'm so nervous.

The pregnancy wasn't planned at all but we are both overjoyed :D

Any help or advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
xx

:cheer: Congratulations!

How far are you hun?

They normaly go through paperwork, dates etc and book you in with the midwife.
Congrats again!!!

Welcome and congratulations on your big news :wave:

Do you know how many weeks pregnant you are? My first appointment with the midwife was just going through paperwork.

Thanks.

I'm not sure how far I am. The digital kit that I did said 1-2 weeks so presumably that's accurate but I don't know for sure because my periods are so irregular I couldn't tell you when I was due ( can't even remember when my last one was..! ) I've never really paid any attention to them (well the dates at least) but my b/f thinks my last one was around the 16th Oct.

I can't wait but i'm really nervous. Does my b/f need to come the first appointment or is he better waiting. It's quite difficult for him to get time off work?

If your last period was about 16th October that makes you about 4 and a half weeks pregnant. Your first appointment will probably just be to fill in forms so find out about any illnesses in yours or your bf families as they'll want to know. They might also check your blood pressure and weight. The appointment i had was not very exciting and probably not worth your bf getting time off for (my husband didn't come to mine).

Congratulations!!!! As the others said, first app is just paperwork and an opportunity to go over any worries you may have and discuss what happens next. Sometimes they will try and book your dating scan for you too - this is normally at 12 weeks but as you are unsure of your dates they may do it sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back