antenatal depression

bubble_dreamer

Reaction score
hi everyone this is my first post so sorry if i have put this in the wrong place wasnt sure where to put it really.

i found out i was pregnant in october last year wasnt until i went to my 20 week scan i was told by the hospital that i was only 11 weeks pregnant :? followed by the comment 'you must have miscarried and not realised but it doesnt matter coz ur pregnant again' :shock:
tbh it still hasnt really sunk in what has happened and now my midwife thinks i am suffering from antenatal depression i have never heard of it before and tbh feel like i am the only person in the world to be going through it even though my midwife assures me im not alone
they have now reffered me to a team of health visitors who are going to assess me for a psychiatric assessment :cry:

i dont know what to think my head is a mess :cry: is there anyone else going through this?

I'm so sorry you're going through a hard time at the moment hun, it must have been awful going for the scan to find that out.

I suffered with antenatel depression (not that I made it well known) and it is rough but you will get through it, it may be shock more than anything which is making you feel crap hun.

Look after yourself, and welcome to the board, we're always here to listen xxx

thanks sami! makes me feel so much better that im not odd if u no what i mean :lol:
some days are harder than most n im just trying to get on with it i suppose just wish i could start to enjoy my pregnancy :cry:

You will hun trust me, it normally goes, just think of all the posisitives about being pregnant and you'll get through the bad days. Chin up xx

thats what i keep trying to do at the moment but im not seeing any :cry:

i desperatly need to move before i have the baby we are seriously overcrowded as it is (this is my 3rd) n we are only in a 2 bed flat on the 15th floor of a tower block :shock: i think once i move i will start to see things in a different light but at the mo i just dont see an end to it tbh :cry:

Housing problems are hatrd when PG, I was still living with my in-laws when I fell PG and had to find money to move out etc. It was such a bad time, and then the internet wasnt on for ages and I have no friends where I live so i felt very isolated. It does get easier I promise, things work out in the end. xx

i hope so i really do! i dont feel like i can carry on like this for much longer!

((((hug)))) you will get there I promise.

If you need a chat though, I'm usually about xx

Wow, what a shock that must have been, and how inconsiderate to be told like that!! :shock: It's no wonder you're suffering from antenatel depression hun.

There are loads of us on here who have our down days. I know this isn't depression (I've experienced that in the past so do know the difference), but it is harder when you know that you should be over the moon about your pregnancy, and you're not. There are days when I wonder if I'm doing the right thing. I've a big age gap, and always said I wouldn't have any more kids, and I too have housing issues although not as bad as you. But then I try to remember the days when we were ttc and AF arrived, and how bad I felt then, and I realise that this baby is really wanted and loved, and I can't wait for it to arrive.

Take any help that you are offered, and don't feel bad about it. Don't feel that you are letting your family down by accepting outside help, because that's what they are trained for.

Oh, and don't forget this forum!! When I see post like yours, it makes me happy that you've managed to find it because it is fantastic. It has seen me through some really tough times, and I feel like I have made some really good friends on here.

Take care.

thanks tankett means a lot to no people are there! i actually came across this site by accident when i was looking for some info for a friend of mine (Wobbles) and i passed the link onto her saw the amount of support she was getting from people and decided it wouldnt do me any harm to join too :lol:

you wont be able to get rid of me that easily was marked in my favourites before i even regsitered :lol:

Well, welcome properly to the forum then. :lol:

So, what's your due date?? 11 weeks makes you late September, early October doesn't it?

I was just wondering how you was feeling now?

Eveadel x

Hi Eveadel

im whats the best way to put it erm still here coping just about :lol: just getting very panicky now as its getting closer and closer and it still hasnt really sunk in tbh :? im worrying how my other 2 are going to deal with the new baby and how im going to cope looking after 3 of them :( think thats about it just panicky and worrying and stressing none of which is probably doing me or the baby any good :cry:

Hiya bubble-dreamer

It is lovely to hear from you

Sorry you are still having your panicky times, have you tried Rescue Remedy? My midwife & consultant have said that it is ok to take, it is completely natural and there are no side effects.

Im sure you will be a great mum and you wouldnt be a great mum if you didnt worry.

We are all here if you need a chat or you can email me privately if you prefer

Nicki x

Hi Bubble,
That sounds like a whole lotta worries you have there and I understand every one of them. My flat is too small and will my 1st baby like the new one. Will I permenantly be short of cash and oh the list goes on. Normally these things sneak up on me in the middle of the night when I cant sleep but during the day I dont think about it too much.

Ive heard about antenatal depression a few times in mags and on programmes.

Thats a shocking attitude of the hospital to dismiss your miscarriage like that. Complain, they shoudnt get away with that.

Thanks both of you.

Im glad its not just me that worries about these things, makes me feel a bit better, i never felt like it at all with either of my other 2 i never even suffered with post natal depression so to get this has come as a bit of a shock tbh.

i still feel i would be much happier if i was to move before i have the baby as we dont have a lot of room here as it is, but things dont seem to be going to well on that front neither :( everytime i find somewhere its either awful or too small but hey ho il keep looking - i just know if i dont do it now im not going to have the energy to do it for much longer :lol:

Nicki what is Rescue Remedy? i cant say i have ever heard of it!

Hiya again Bubble,
Ive had rescue remedy, its quite good. You can get it in boots at the natural remedies section. Its in a pump dispenser and the bottle isnt a lot bigger than a lipstick so you can carry it about in your bag. The bottle is glass, brown and has a yellow label and lid is the maker is bach.

People take it for things lke exams and driving tests, any kinda situation where you could find yourself under stress. I used to take a wee schoosh of it in the morning before I went to work and was acutally looking for it last week only to find my bottle was empty.

Its not a drug or anything. My mum used to get quite depressed and drank st johns wort tea. You can get this in Holland and Barrat. H & b are usually quite good for recommending things if you feel comfortable discussing it with them.

Hiya Bubble

As per Lauramum01 message Rescue Remedy can be bought in all good chemists or Holland & Barrett. Have you had a chat with your MW or GP about your concerns?

[/url

ooh thanks il have a look for that when i go into town this afternoon.

i tried talking to my gp about it but he is absolutly useless n i didnt feel i was getting anywhere so gave up.

my midwife has been absolutly fantastic thorughout the whole thing she has reffered me to see a consultant at the hospital i had an appointment last week but didnt really feel up to going so they have changed it to sometime in may, she has been keeping a closer eye on me as well seeing me every other week im back there again tomorrow last time i saw her she said that she thought i was much better though i still dont feel great :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back