Antenatal classes

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I was just woundering when i should be starting my antenatal classes? I dont see my midwife for another 4 weeks (havnt seen her since 16 weeks) and nothing was mentioned to me about these classes, ive noticed that a few others on here have been going already and i dont want to start to late.

Should i wait until i see my MW or give her a call tomorrow and get the ball rolling?

Also....how many classes do you get for free through the NHS and is it worth paying to go to a few aswell?

Tiggy xxx

Hi there,

You don't say how far along you are? But I'm currently 23 weeks & my classes are booked... but don't start til I'm 28 weeks.

The ones I get free are just 3 sessions. 2 class based sessions, plus a visit to the hospital to check out the maternity ward, equipment, see what drugs are on offer etc. etc.

i don't have any info on mine yet either. think i find out more at my next MW appt next week... hope so anyway!

Im currently 21+2 - my ticker doesnt seem to be working for some odd reason, anyone know how to fix it?

Thanx for your reply, think i will ring MW tomorrow and at least get them booked, im really keen to see the labour ward e.t.c

T xx

On my pregnancy notes midwife has written that at 24 weeks i have to phone up a number to book them. didnt even know she wrote it there till i as bored and looking through them!

My midwife told me to wait for the 2008 dates to come out (they haven't yet) and then book onto the first course available. Even though they are the NHS ones we still have to pay £30. If we want a tour of the hospital we have to arrange it ourselves.

I'll be 32 weeks when I go to my class, it's only 1 afternoon too :shock:

I get 4 classes sometime in the third tri. Thought I'd go for the social aspect, might meet some mums due at the same time :D

i been told mine are end of december. dont know how many weeks i will be then.

they normally tell you 28th week i think

I started mine a couple of weeks ago at about 28 weeks so plenty of time yet :)

I had a MW appt today at 21+2 and my next one now isn't for another 4 weeks and nothing has been mentioned about them yet.

Hopefully we will be told next time. I'd like a tour of the hospital too.

Where I live, NHS classes are free and you get three, plus the hospital tour etc.

I'm on my second baby, and the first time around I paid £100 for the NCT classes.

To be honest, it was a waste of money. They went into far too much detail and had us reading midwifery text books in classroom conditions (I was about 32 weeks at the time and everyone else was not far off that).

The free ones will tell you all you need to know, so if on a budget dont pay for NCT.

What was nice about the NCT was getting the opportunity to meet a load of other first time mums...If you dont know many people in your area and want to meet other mums its good for that.

Babylicious said:
I'll be 32 weeks when I go to my class, it's only 1 afternoon too :shock:
I'll be 35 weeks by the time I get mine. When the MW tried to book mine, the multiple sessions were booked up until late January which is no good to me being due in December, so all she could get is the one afternoon :(

I've been trying to book NCT classes for the last week, all the ones in my area are fully booked and we are on a waiting list :roll:

I start mine this afternoon :cheer:

A friend on mine is due on 18th January & she only starts hers at the being of January coz they are o full :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back