Antenatal Classes?

I went for my NHS ones in November, due December but then ended up early January. I remembered more as it was closer, but that could just be me tbh.

xxx

Well I've just booked into two, anyway...

I have the NHS one from 7th March - 18th April, and have just paid for Daisy Birthing which starts 13th April - 25th May so that has me covered for the rest of the pregnancy!
I'm really looking forward to the Daisy Birthing, it's mum's only and yoga/hypnobirthing

It sometimes depends when they hold them.

With my first baby (11yrs ago!) the ante natal classes (parent education) classes ran for 5 or 6 weeks, I had JUST missed out on booking onto one lot at 28 weeks (didn't ring up early enough!) and the next lot ran from week 34 to 41 weeks going by my dates.
I ended up being kept in hospital due to OC from week 34 to 35 (10 days in total, admitted the day before the first class LOL)
Then I was told I'd be induced at 37 weeks so would already have my baby by the time it was the last 2 or 3 sessions. So ended up not going to any of them lol.

I think as long as you're over 20 weeks it won't be too soon, you should remember most of it :)

Last edited:
I found something about free classes on the city council website, but have been going around in circles trying to get any info at all. I can't afford the nct ones, but might look into this daisy birthing one kitty mentioned... would be good to have something to prepare us a little, being our first! The hospital just offers one 3 hr session in the last weeks before birth.

I've not been given any information on classes from my midwife so I'm going to ask at my next appointment at 21 weeks x

I think the NHS ones really depends on where you live, there's a local authority by us which doesn't offer them at all! I've also been doing pregnancy yoga for the past 5 weeks, which I love :) xx

I've signed up for NCT classes, really for the social aspect more than the knowledge they might impart, as I don't know anyone in this area who is pregnant or has young children. I was a bit useless and ended up booking late (I actually thought I had loads of time what with not being due till June, but it seems everyone else is a lot more organised!) so I will be doing the class in May with people who are all due at the end of June/start of July (my due date is 10 June).

I am looking into NCT classes at the moment and have a few questions you might know :)

Will they fill up quickly so you have to book well in advance. I am due 18th of July, should I book now? will be in the Cambridge area.

Should my partner be with me on the NCT classes?

xx

Yes take your partner, its great to involve them, plus its a learning curve for them too, also i recommend booking early, places do go quick xx

We've booked our NCT classes and start in May :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back